Skip navigation

Boycott Creative Cloud?

May 7, 2013 12:41 PM

Latest reply: sjhoyes, Jul 30, 2013 4:43 PM
Replies 1 2 3 4 ... 10 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 18, 2013 1:18 PM   in reply to Brad_Trent

True that. I am hoping adobe relents, myself. I do like to have those capabilties like you. They are, though, what make adobe suites an environment rather than a collection of apps. They can hold an entire workflow hostage for the same reason. This move to cloud only use makes many uneasy and, therefore, on the lookout for alternatives. I am sure developers will step forward with alternatives that play nice together. This is natural selection at work. Nature being the mother of invention. I will continue with my copy of PS6 for as long as it suits my needs and is viable on my future OS config.  I already use some of the apps I mention above for various things, like the great HDR engine, photomatix. I get used to importing and exporting from to different apps to complete a project. I work alone though and have that latitude. I understand your dilema, being a team player, needing to work in tandem seamlessly with others. It's early days yet. I wait and watch. 

Brad_Trent wrote:

While I appreciate the sentiment, professional photographers don't work in a world like you describe. We work with designers, retouchers and collateral industry professionals who all use Adobe products. Jumping from Corel to Gimp to Pixelmator is hardly a solution.

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2013 1:19 PM   in reply to pf22

I agree.  The problem is the lack of competition.  What happens though if Adobe suddenly vanished?  All of us who currently absolutely depend on their products, what would we do?  I know lots of other software but there's a reason why I don't use them.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 2:33 PM   in reply to Brad_Trent

Brad_Trent wrote:

2. Because of #1, Adobe has seen it's cash flow diminished. They tried to force users to stick to the upgrade track by insisting them to at least be using Photoshop CS4 before being allowed to move up to CS6, but after about a year this hasn't filled their bank account as quickly as they had hoped, so they figured a subscription-only software license was the only was to go.

Agreed! - PS has been a pretty mature application for many years. New features have become ever more gimicky and optional. The only real reasons to upgrade for me have been compatability issues with OS and change of processor vendor by Apple.

This seems to me a very cynical, not to mention arrogant move by Adobe, showing utter contempt for its customers. Adobe Photoshop has not attained its industry standard status in a vacuum. It has been acheived through the loyal support of a vast user base, who individually, over time, invest hundreds if not thousands of dollars purchasing this software and its upgrades at already premium rates. Not to forget the significant time and money invested in educational material learning to use the software. - Which makes the glib retort I've seen so often recently on various forums and blogs: "If you don't like the new cc model go elsewhere," so effing galling.

Content creation software are the tools of trade for artists, designers, illustrators etc. They are not utilities like electricity or telephone lines. Tools of trade are what we need to earn a living even when times are lean, especially when times are lean. It's really despicable to think that a company which produces tools for creative industry would seek to impose a model that is bound to hurt a lot of people who need to earn their living using these tools. Not all artists and photographers even earn a living from their work.

I don't think that Adobe will relent on their decision to go subscription only and I think they will do very well financially because of it. I only hope other software companies whos products I use, do not choose to go down the same route.

I have owned: PS 4, 5, 7, CS2, CS5 and now CS6, (would have been CS7 or 8 were it not for this creative cloud stunt), very likely the last version of PS I will use. I need to own my tools not rent.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 19, 2013 4:34 PM   in reply to P4rmR41

P4rmR41 wrote:

I have owned: PS 4, 5, 7, CS2, CS5 and now CS6, (would have been CS7 or 8 were it not for this creative cloud stunt), very likely the last version of PS I will use. I need to own my tools not rent.

Isn't it clear?  You're not the customer Adobe wants.  They want customers who upgrade to every new version, the day it's released.  Those folks clearly get more value from Photoshop and are giving more to get that value.

Adobe might say to you in return that you've been showing contempt for them by not buying each new release.  They do all that hard engineering work for years then from you... nothing.  Do you provide a web site where they can complain about your poor support?

Some years from now when the old version of Photoshop you have is no longer cutting edge and the stuff other people can do with their state-of-the-art software is looking fresh and different, perhaps you'll re-evaluate your choice to avoid the subscription model.  Maybe you won't be able to live without what Photoshop can do then.  Or maybe it will not be good enough even then to entice you to get on the rental plan.  Or maybe a competitor will have shown up.

You seem to want to make this into some kind of emotional thing.  It's just about value.  Adobe's got the goods, and if you want to play you have to pay.  Are goons coming to your house, forcing you to buy Photoshop?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 4:35 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel...no disrespect intended...but you seem to have a pretty bad attitude when it comes to anyone who is against The Cloud. And since the For/Against rate on the Creative Cloud is running about 9 to 1 against, you are also in a very big minority.

And you'll hafta excuse the majority of us who are a little emotional about this whole deal, because unlike you, we do not see any added value to the Creative Cloud. What we see is an extremely profitable company that we used to consider as an ally in our business, now looking to ensure their ongoing profit by tying their users to a perpetual subscription scheme on a software suite that will in all likelihood not advance as has in the past, despite their assurance that this is the primary reason for moving forward with the scheme.

BT

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 4:39 PM   in reply to Mike Wickham

I really hope Adobe changes their minds.
    Not everyone is rich and can afford to spend so much money a year just to use a program.

I hate the idea of having to subscribe just to use a program and spend $20 a month...

I currently have Photoshop CS4 and I was saving up money to buy the upgrade for CS6, which would only cost me $200, and i went on here to buy it.. to find out i can't i have to spend $700 to buy the full program.. I was annoyed and I thought maybe they had a problem, so i talked to someone and they suggested the cloud. NO i don't want that. So i accepted the fact i have to buy the full program again... I just want to spend $700+ once to own the full program and not have to spend $20 a month just to use it..  I'm not a professional, so i can't afford that. I would love to be able to update CS6 when it becomes outdated.. but now I can't and I really do not like that. I tried using other programs and they are just not as great.

I get they're trying to stop people from stealing their program, but this is not going to work for the people that just want to buy the program once, and that is a huge population that cant' afford the Cloud thing.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 19, 2013 4:46 PM   in reply to Brad_Trent

Thanks for your honest opinion of my attitude.

I'd like to think I'm being neutral.  As a businessman what I'm NOT is prone to knee-jerk reactions.  Something is going to cost a little more than it did.  It's not the only thing.

Sure, if I had my 'druthers I'd prefer buying upgrades to perpetual licenses (which I actually have been doing, every version).  I'm concerned that there's no "exit strategy" (i.e., no ability to quit the cloud with a functional modern version of Photoshop).  Perhaps that will change, but it's not driving me to drink because I didn't have plans to quit upgrading Adobe Photoshop anyway.

I feel the tools have enough value that I'm still getting a good deal with my subscription.  As a career software engineer, I may have a different feel for the value of this software than most folks.

Honestly I don't see a problem with a software company looking to make a profit from their hard work.  They have engineered something no one else in the world has been able to create.  It's surprising Adobe hasn't squeezed its customers harder before now,.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 4:57 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

I hope Adobe begins to make a profit soon. Meanwhile, when is the telethon.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 19, 2013 5:01 PM   in reply to Tom Murray 1

Tom Murray 1 wrote:

I hope Adobe begins to make a profit soon.

1 year chart...

Adobe1Yr.png

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 5:31 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Apples and oranges.  Stock trading prices are not the same as profit. 

Still, notice the dip in May.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 19, 2013 5:37 PM   in reply to station_two

Yes, there's no doubt the market reacted to the negative publicity Adobe got for its strategy change.  But the price only returned to the level just prior to the run up before the announcement.

And regarding profit...  Just think, if you'd invested a few thousand in ADBE last year you'd have enough to pay for a creative cloud subscription for a loooong time.

Don't look now, but executive management in the new millenium is all about boosting stock price.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 5:42 PM   in reply to Brad_Trent

Brad_Trent wrote:

Noel...no disrespect intended...but you seem to have a pretty bad attitude when it comes to anyone who is against The Cloud. And since the For/Against rate on the Creative Cloud is running about 9 to 1 against, you are also in a very big minority.

And you'll hafta excuse the majority of us who are a little emotional about this whole deal, because unlike you, we do not see any added value to the Creative Cloud. What we see is an extremely profitable company that we used to consider as an ally in our business, now looking to ensure their ongoing profit by tying their users to a perpetual subscription scheme on a software suite that will in all likelihood not advance as has in the past, despite their assurance that this is the primary reason for moving forward with the scheme.

I agree, but I also appreciate what Noel has been presenting to those of us trying to get our minds around the major change Adobe has slammed us with. I think Noel is just trying to help us see the writing on the whole about Adobe and this situation -- and that writing says, "MONOPOLY."

Adobe has a superior product in Photoshop and enjoys a huge user base. For the modern corporation with aspiring officers working their way up the later, more profit means happier stock holders. So in the corporate environment Adobe is being quite smart and innovative. That is, unless they lose their user base by doing something "very not smart," and causing profits to drop.

The Change.org consumer petition, "Eliminate the Mandatory Creative Cloud Subscription Model" at:

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-elimi nate-the-mandatory-creative-cloud-subscription-model?utm_campaign=sign ature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

could be an indicator that Adobe has indeed done something "very not smart."

There are now over 20,000 signatures and climbing. My guess is that most of these folks are proudly boycotting CC. And as most marketing folks know about surveys (and petitions), you can multiply the results by a factor of 10 to determine general public opinion. So far, that's a lot of unhappy people.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 5:52 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

sounds like you drank the koolaid, Noel...

Noel Carboni wrote:

Some years from now when the old version of Photoshop you have is no longer cutting edge and the stuff other people can do with their state-of-the-art software is looking fresh and different, perhaps you'll re-evaluate your choice to avoid the subscription model.  Maybe you won't be able to live without what Photoshop can do then.  Or maybe it will not be good enough even then to entice you to get on the rental plan.  Or maybe a competitor will have shown up.

You seem to want to make this into some kind of emotional thing.  It's just about value.  Adobe's got the goods, and if you want to play you have to pay.  Are goons coming to your house, forcing you to buy Photoshop?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 6:01 PM   in reply to erase-the-silence

YOU CAN still upgrade..!! really, truly.

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_cata log_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html?start=10

1. In the Photoshop CS6 row, click the Buy link
    2. "I want to buy:", click on the dropdown menu and select Upgrade
    3. "I own", click on the dropdown and select the relevant product which you already own
    4. Follow the prompts from there to complete the purchase
    5. erase-the-silence wrote:

....I currently have Photoshop CS4 and I was saving up money to buy the upgrade for CS6, which would only cost me $200, and i went on here to buy it.. to find out i can't i have to spend $700 to buy the full program.. I was annoyed and I thought maybe they had a problem, so i talked to someone and they suggested the cloud. NO i don't want that. So i accepted the fact i have to buy the full program again... I just want to spend $700+...

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 19, 2013 8:58 PM   in reply to Mike Wickham

Kool aid?  Shame?  Here I thought I was conversing with adults.  Clearly some of the subtlety of my points is being lost in the clouds of emotion.

My specific comment about "contempt" was in response to someone claiming Adobe is showing contempt to its customers.  Assuming no one is forcing you to spend your money, the word does not apply in one direction more than the other!

• If you don't feel Adobe is going to come out with features you're going to need, don't join.  Just keep using Photoshop CS6 and don't reward Adobe for not providing you sufficient value.

• If you feel Adobe is going to continue to develop things that will keep you on the cutting edge of image processing - and being there is sufficiently valuable to you sign up.

• If you're on the fence, don't sign up, but look a year from now to see what they offer.  Then again the year after that.  Maybe at some point you'll perceive enough value to subscribe.  Or not.

• Or maybe take advantage of the cheap initial $9.99/month offer, send them $120, and use Photoshop CC 14.0 for a year, but then (assuming Adobe isn't adding things you need to Photoshop) just don't renew when it's over and drop back to your Photoshop CS6 perpetual license.

I'm sorry, but this is just business decision-making.  It doesn't seem difficult, and it's not something worth insulting people over.

Over and out from me with this thread.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 9:16 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Over and out, Noel?!! Since your post count on this site is near 21,000, excuse me if I don't believe you're done just yet!

It's not that I don't respect your opinions, but you kind of come off as a guy who really seems to just wanna hear your own voice.

BT

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 10:39 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

P4rmR41 wrote:

Isn't it clear?  You're not the customer Adobe wants.  They want customers who upgrade to every new version, the day it's released.  Those folks clearly get more value from Photoshop and are giving more to get that value.

Of course it's clear. They've got their wish haven't they. I'll be buying new hardware this year and if my current 2008 Mac Pro is anything to go by, then the CS6 that will be residing on it, will be good for at least four to six years.- I'm happy for those who find value in every upgrade, that's always been the customers choice; Pay for new features or make do with what you currently own.

Adobe might say to you in return that you've been showing contempt for them by not buying each new release.  They do all that hard engineering work for years then from you... nothing.  Do you provide a web site where they can complain about your poor support?

They might say that. - But that's the thinking you get from an entitlement culture. I don't owe Adobe a living. I have paid for every version of Photoshop I've owned, I'm the customer. So I get to decide what's worth spending my money on. They have my e-mail address and are very welcome to send me promotional material to try and pursuade me, no problem with that.

Who knows what will happen years from now - Perhaps the few hundred quid every few years, from me and all the other customers on variable incomes who've been pushed out by this move, will be missed. Possibly, Adobe might issue a 'welcome back to the fold' offer, that we cannot refuse : )

Are goons coming to your house, forcing you to buy Photoshop?

-Noel

Quite the opposite. - they're forcing me not to buy Photoshop. - Do you get it yet?

Nice talking to you.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 12:25 AM   in reply to Brad_Trent

Brad_Trent wrote:

Over and out, Noel?!! Since your post count on this site is near 21,000, excuse me if I don't believe you're done just yet!

It's not that I don't respect your opinions, but you kind of come off as a guy who really seems to just wanna hear your own voice.

BT

This isn't uncommon from the people who support the move. - Take this guy for instance. He uses his online magazine to vent spleen in an article entitled "10 reasons the haters are mad about creative cloud". And then after a few bemused readers, long standing  PS users, express their perfectly reasonable concerns, comments are closed after the commenters are given pretty short shrift from the author.

Just ridiculous. Customers giving feedback on the impact that such a radical change in vending policy will have on their ability to pay for and use very important software, are labelled as 'haters'.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 11:37 AM   in reply to Mike Wickham

There IS a plugin/standalone you can use to get non destructive BLUR GALLERY in 13.04; perfect photo suite. You can open layers from within PS6 into perfect photo suite and from there make changes to that layer and then save. It takes you back to ps6 but you can always go back into the plugin and makes changes to that layer non destructively. It's like blur gallery but a plugin. There are many other changes and filters available. You can also use it as a stand alone-app, bypassing ps6 altogether. There are work arounds. I have a feeling that if adobe does not relent developers will come up with more plugins for ps6 that will make up for those absent CC funtions.

<quote>

Mike Wickham wrote:

........ It's not like I could just drop back to using my CS6 perpetual license because it has no deblur filter, and Adobe has said that it will not update/upgrade CS6 to have new features. Except for tweaks to keep CS6 compatible with the current and one next OS, according to Adobe, new features will be CC only.

CS is done. It is now CC. They should have called it FU. Bring back the choice!

<end quote>

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 11:53 AM   in reply to Mike Wickham

Mike Wickham wrote:

Noel, that all makes sense, but here's the thing your are not getting. I am not against anyone subscribing and I am already willing to pay money for an upgrade to CS7 because I would like access to the new deblur filter. But I am just not willing to pay $600 per year for the rest of my life to get it.

The full CC with access to all the software is $50 monthly. If all you want is Photoshop, it will be $20 monthly.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 12:22 PM   in reply to WillManning

I agree.

At the school where I work, they have cancelled all plans to upgrade and we were told that CS6 would have to do for the forseeable future.

They are looking at alternatives for when the current version is noticeably obsolete in several years

This is actually good news for me personally, because I would upgrade my home software whenever the school upgraded theirs in order to keep up with the features that my students would be using.

I didn't particularly enjoy upgrading to every new version since I used to wait for at least two version upgrades before upgrading my own software. Most of the new features in each version are not really worth the upgrade in recent years.

As things are now, my CS6 master collection will be my last adobe software purchase. In a few years, there will be suitable alternatives to choose from.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 8:45 PM   in reply to Mike Wickham

Mike Wickham wrote:

I knew that, but Photoshop is not all I want. I have CS6 Design and Web Premium. I need Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat at minimum. So it looks like the $50 per month option is the only one available going forward (except for 1st-year discount to existing CS users).

Well here's an interesting development... I work in IT Sales and was told yesterday by Adobe that anyone who joines Creative Cloud for Teams at the promotional price of $480pa between today, 05/21/13 and 05/31/13 - that's right you only have 10 days! - will get the 2nd year locked in at the same promotional price of $480! The offer is open to anyone running CS3 and above.

I cannot see this extended offer anywhere on the Adobe website, but we were told in person by Adobe yesterday, and are promoting it to our professional clients.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 8:46 PM   in reply to pf22

pf22 wrote:

Well here's an interesting development... I work in IT Sales and was told yesterday by Adobe that anyone who joines Creative Cloud for Teams at the promotional price of $480pa between today, 05/21/13 and 05/31/13 - that's right you only have 10 days! - will get the 2nd year locked in at the same promotional price of $480! The offer is open to anyone running CS3 and above.

Well that's goes to show that Adobe still isn't listening.

It's the little guy screaming about the cost of CC, not corporate. It's individuals, almost 23,000 now, that are signing the petition against the CC model. It makes you wonder if there is anyone awake at the wheel. Go figure.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 11:27 PM   in reply to *Photonic

*Photonic wrote:  It's the little guy screaming about the cost of CC, not corporate. It's individuals, almost 23,000 now, that are signing the petition against the CC model. It makes you wonder if there is anyone awake at the wheel. Go figure.

Agreed, I'm one of those "little guys" not earning a living from my Photoshop use, but apart from the cost, personally, I'm NOT renting software while I still have the option to run the software I own!

But on a brighter note, this does mean that Mike above now has the option of getting 2yrs of CC @ $40 a month, instead of 1yr @ $50, before the price goes up!

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to uhanepono

I can't, I have tried that so many times. I own CS4, it only goes  to CS5, which I don't have. Otherwise I would have done that a while ago.

uhanepono wrote:

YOU CAN still upgrade..!! really, truly.

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_cata log_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html?start=10

1. In the Photoshop CS6 row, click the Buy link
    2. "I want to buy:", click on the dropdown menu and select Upgrade
    3. "I own", click on the dropdown and select the relevant product which you already own
    4. Follow the prompts from there to complete the purchase
    5. erase-the-silence wrote:

....I currently have Photoshop CS4 and I was saving up money to buy the upgrade for CS6, which would only cost me $200, and i went on here to buy it.. to find out i can't i have to spend $700 to buy the full program.. I was annoyed and I thought maybe they had a problem, so i talked to someone and they suggested the cloud. NO i don't want that. So i accepted the fact i have to buy the full program again... I just want to spend $700+...

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2013 12:31 PM   in reply to erase-the-silence

erase-the-silence wrote:

I can't, I have tried that so many times. I own CS4, it only goes  to CS5, which I don't have. Otherwise I would have done that a while ago.

I know the upgrade policy was changed by Adobe to allow only a one-version upgrade. But when I went and installed my Photoshop CS6 Standard Edition downloard, the install program said no previous version of PS could be detected so select a past version from a list and enter its serial number.

I chose CS5 Extended which was the product I was upgrading from, HOWEVER, CS4 Standard and CS4 Extended were also in that list. I didn't try clicking on one of those options to see if it would actually work, but why else would they be in the list of four options -- CS5 standard or extended, CS4 standard or extended?  Might be worth a try, and if it doesn't work then ask for a refund due to install problem on your system.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2013 5:31 PM   in reply to Mike Wickham

Im not on board with this forced creative cloud Adobe move. I cant say much more or any better than anyone else has posted.

Shame on you Adobe. Im sure that my scalding review will make them change there stance.

Not they dont care.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,858 posts
    May 24, 2010
    May 26, 2013 8:40 PM   in reply to 444333222111

Noel is not the only one who thinks the CC is a good deal.  Not only will it save me money, but it will give me access to other Adobe apps I can hardly wait to get my hands on.  And that's without the added value like getting updates as they happen, without waiting to the next version to be released.  There are alternatives to Photoshop if you ar prepared to learn a new app.  Lightroom has the same RAW processing engine at a fraction of the cost.  A Lightroom fanatic buddy of mine is now swearing by Photo Ninja for his RAW processing.  He says it is noticably better thamt LR and ACR, but I have not tried it yet.

I wouldn't like to have to get my design apps piecemeal from different vendors, because of the huge advantage Dynamic Link gives you, and I am happy to pay $50/month for that convenience and power.   Adobe are not going to change their minds, so what's the point of the endless whinging?  Sighn up, stay with CS6, or look elsewhere.  It ain't rocket scince.

Hey!  I wonder if rocket scientists use Adobe products? Imagine how terrible it would be if they came to this forum making a fuss about CC, and you couldn't use the analogy from the last paragraph.  Wow, I've gone all a quiver worrying in case it happens!

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2013 8:51 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Trevor.Dennis wrote:

...A Lightroom fanatic buddy of mine is now swearing by Photo Ninja for his RAW processing.  He says it is noticably better thamt LR and ACR, but I have not tried it yet.

Thanks Dennis. Just checked out Photo Ninja and it looks impressive as a "professional-grade" RAW processor. Lot's of positive feedback. And it's only in version 1.0.5 so far, with 1.1 coming out soon. These guys put out Noise Ninja several years ago which was the premier noise reduction app in the day. They are very innovative.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2013 8:59 PM   in reply to Kuttyjoe

@kuttyjoe

So you are nothing without Adobe? You are not a creative artist, designer or photographer unless you have Adobe Cloud to back up your work?

Just stick with it sign up and enjoy the ride then dont question anything its all OK.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2013 7:26 AM   in reply to 444333222111

Replacing Photoshop is the challenge.  I started looking for ways to replace Photoshop 5 or 6 years ago.  I already know how difficult this is.  I'll have to give up a large degree of power, speed, convenience, tools, reliability, etc.  Photoshop is just too far ahead of everything else.  Giving up these things means taking longer to get the same work done.  That means a loss of income if I can't figure out how to maintain the same speed without the same quality products.  Or, you can take the risk that you will always be able to pay Adobe every month. And that you'll be willing to keep paying them even if you're no longer making a living with their products.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2013 3:35 PM   in reply to erase-the-silence

I have followed your instructions, but don't see any way to "upgrade" or any drop down menu with the option "I own".  I have CS5 and wanted to upgrade to CS6, but it doesn't look like I will be able to do that. 

As for a monthly subscription, I am a photographer, but not a professional.  I don't make my living from my hobby.  A subscription for me is out of the question.  CS5 will be my last copy of Photoshop as far as I can see. As for correcting hand shake resulting in blurred photos, the camera and lens manufacturers are already addressing that issue with Nikon VR (vibration reduction) and whatever Canon calls their option. 

Jed 

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2013 5:04 PM   in reply to caupwhiting13

caupwhiting13 wrote:

I have followed your instructions, but don't see any way to "upgrade" or any drop down menu with the option "I own".  I have CS5 and wanted to upgrade to CS6, but it doesn't look like I will be able to do that…

OK, pay close attention now:

It's an easy four-step process on that page:

Picture 3.png

Picture 4.png

Picture 5.png

Picture 6.png

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2013 5:10 PM   in reply to station_two

Station_Two,

Looks like your screen name changed???

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2013 5:19 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt wrote:

Station_Two,

Looks like your screen name changed???

Yup, it was originally a joke played on yours truly, but I kind of don't mind it, so I kept it—for now. 

What's interesting is that it automatically changed also in the 2,600+ already existing posts, yet a forum search on the old "station_2" returns hits on all my posts, old and new, regardless of what screen name I posted under.  For once, Jove is doing something right. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2013 5:24 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

So a person who disagress with you is whining? There are a whole bunch of us for whom CC is a giant rip off. We are artists or small business people on a shoestring budget. We don't care about access to a lot of Adobe apps. We use Photoshop. This insulting and imperious announcement from Adobe means our cost to use Photoshop will double or triple, or we will get stuck with outdated software. Adobe is simply raising the price, with nothing to justify the cost. I think Adobe has seriously underestimated how many of us there are.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 4 ... 10 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points