• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to find Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended?

New Here ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did download the Adobe Photoshop CS6 trial, via the website I did go to the Download Manager.

Now I have it installed, but i'm not sure if I have the extended or normal version. How can I check that?

And, if I don't have it.. The download manager does nothing say about the Extended version (trial of it), and at the Adobe website I can't find a way to download it.

I have Windows.

Kind Regards,

Michael Wijnands

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All trials are extended version.  When you load the splash screen will say extended.  When loaded it should have 3D between Filter and View.

3D will not work with XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't show that 3D thing what you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS?  Also, your video card must have at least 512 mb of VRAM to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8 Pro 64 bits, 8GB ddr3 ram.

Re: Where to find Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended?

created by Curt Y in Photoshop General Discussion - View the full discussion

What OS? Also, your video card must have at least 512 mb of VRAM to work.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5344206#5344206

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop General Discussion by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8GB ddr3 ram.

That's system RAM.

How much video RAM (vRAM)?

See http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/10/heads-up-photoshop-system-requirement-changes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1gb at my graphic driver (nvidia geforce 610m)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your graphics driver.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new card? Or just driver update?

I thought I had the latest version because it didn't give a notification about a update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

If the 3D menu is just not there at all - opposed to grayed out - then something has apparently gone wrong with the installation.  Things like display driver problems might cause it to be grayed-out, but not missing entirely.  The trial version is ALWAYS supposed to expose the Extended features.

Did you ever have a Photoshop CS6 license on your system?

Did you get the download from Adobe.com?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I did get the download via the Application Manager from Adobe.

Never had a license of CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to be extremely clear, are you running it as a trial, or have you purchased a perpetual license, or do you have a cloud subscription?

Assuming you're not running Windows XP, on which 3D is not possible, if you have purchased a the less expensive perpetual license for Photoshop "Standard" you will not see the 3D menu.  Otherwise you should.

It might reveal something helpful if you'll go into the Photoshop Help - System Info menu, copy the data, and paste it into a response here.  There is information there about your system environment (driver versions, etc.) that may help home in on a problem.  For example, if it says "GPU Sniffer Crashed" that would indicate a problem with your display driver.

At this point I can only suggest basic measures:

1.  Make sure you have all updates to Photoshop.  The initial install from Adobe for Creative Suite versions is always the .0.0 version, no matter how many updates they've made since.  They expect you to apply them yourself.  Do this through the Help - Updates menu.

2.  Press and hold Control - Shift - Alt immediately upon cold-starting Photoshop.  If you're quick enough to get the keys down it will prompt you to confirm the deletion of all preferences, so that you will be starting over with defaults for everything.

3.  Failing to get results from step 2, I can only suggest that you try uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When the flash screen appears upon loading does it say Extended?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines