• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You Tube won't play full screen on Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select full screen, the window stays same size, but moves to top left of the screen. I go into settings and my Hardware Accelaration option has gone, it used to be here...This only happens in YouTube, other videos on different sites I can select full screen no problem, though the Hardware accelaration option has gone there too. Now I only have 4 options to choose from in Local Settings. It's also gone from Global Settings.

I've tried clearing caches etc..no joy. It does work fine on IE9 for me, but I've always used Chrome & GMail, and don't wish to stop.

I'm using Windows Vista Business SP2 32 bit, my browser is Google Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 my Flash version is 11.7.700.179, which is the correct version for my browser and O/S and is up to date. Windows, Chrome and Flash updates are all current.

I've been on forums, I've enabled/disabled plug ins, I've cleared and deleted caches and Adobe files, and it's now getting annoying.

I realise there has been an update recently, but I don't want to start messing about uninstalling and digging out earlier versions etc...Isn't it all meant to be incorporated into Chrome and updated automatically so users can avoid doing these sorts of things.

If anybody can help, I'd be grateful. If you need to know anything else, please ask.

Thanks,

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

I've forwarded this along to our Chrome team for their input.  Do you notice any difference if you switch to the system version of Flash Player?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem and I've tried all the trouble shoots.  It's really quite frustrating and just started yesterday as far as I can tell.  Someone help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've forwarded this along to our Chrome team for their input.  Do you notice any difference if you switch to the system version of Flash Player?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you disable the pepper version of FlashPlayer in your plug-ins? You had two Flash Plugins?

That's what worked for me...

HOWEVER!!

You need to go back to version 169 of Flash, not 179!!

If you look at Which version of Flash

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

You've got 179, the bottom one, which is pepper based, hence unwanted plug in.

It's far from clear, but you need 169, the version above.(Chrome is a "plug in based browser"...easier to say Chrome?!)

It needs doing Princess, or these issues will re-occur whenever Chrome or FlashPlayer update, and you'll miss the updates you should be getting. (It's only working cos bits are disabled, know what I mean!)

You'll see YouTube gets faster afterwards.

Glad it's all sorted for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, we have a very similar issue that we are seeing on Windows XP. Can anyone comment if it is all videos on youtube or only certain videos? Does the screenshot below contain the behavior you are experiencing in full screen (the red rectangle was added as a reference for where full screen should fill)?

flashvideo.jpeg

This is the Chrome bug for reference: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=229461

Message was edited by: achow_adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was more interested in if the behavior was the same as the one we've seen with Google. If you could help answer my questions above, that would be great. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into the same problem (see screenshot above) viewing ESPN3 in Chrome.  My Flash Player version is 11.9.900.152 in Chrome 31.0.1650.57m in Windows Vista SP2.  The PPAPI version has been disabled, and the NPAPI system version is running, as suggested by others.  Flash Player will maximize to full screen in Firefox, but not in Chrome.

So, what else might be preventing Flash Player from maximizing properly in Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I got it fixed.

Let me give you guys some info.

Win7 Ultimate 32bit

Google Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m

Had this pugin installed

Name:

Shockwave Flash

Description:

Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700

Version:

1. 11.7.700.202

C:\Users\Cbu\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\11.7.700.202\pepflashplayer.dll

Type:

PPAPI (out-of-process)

The problem only occurs on a few youtube videos. not all.

Giving an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHxUNaN4Qws

I fixed this by downloading the same version but for firefox (NPAPI one)

And disable the PPAPI one.

Refresh the youtube page. And it works.

Next I updated my Google Chrome, to

Version 27.0.1453.94 m.

Restarted the brower as prompted.

Then I disabled the NPAPI one and enabled the PPAPI one.

Refresh the youtube page. And it works too.

In summary, if you are having this issue. Try update your google chrome. If cannot then try the flashplayer for firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, I managed to fix mine..what O/S are you using and what version of Flash with what browser? I assume you're using Chrome like me to say you've the same problem, but if you could just confirm those 3 things (before I type it all out and you're using something differemt)

Nice one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Princess, I managed to fix mine..what O/S are you using and what version of Flash with what browser? I assume you're using Chrome like me to say you've the same problem, but if you could just confirm those 3 things (before I type it all out and you're using something differemt)

Nice one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows vista, google chrome and version 11.7.700.179.  I'm going to try Chris's suggestion first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally! this chrome extension worked for me. it adds an html5 icon under the youtube playbar, you click on it to switch the video to html5 which can resize just fine. strangely enough, some youtube videos i could not maximize and some i can, consistently. whenever i come across one that i can't maximize, i just click the html5 icon.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/html5-video-for-youtube/dolajcekhnohkpncmhgledbmndjpblei

other stuff i tried that didnt work for me:
the html5 youtube trial http://www.youtube.com/html5
toggling the flash extensions in chrome plugins
clean chrome/flash installs and updates to no avail.

toggling hardware acceleration

more info here:
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/dedqdtDQxYk
http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/nit9Rv0-RnM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi i have a simple fix for this. hope this works for you guys.

1)

1.jpg

2)

2.jpg

3)

3.jpg

4)

4.jpg

What this is actually doing is disabling adobe flash player that comes pre installed into chrome and using adobe flash player that is installed on your pc, This is why you have to make sure you have adobe flash player installed.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect  < get adobe flash player here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines