May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why won't my adobe reader open and read PDF files. It is very annoying

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Google Chrome uses its own PDF viewer.

Regarding Adobe Reader not opening local PDF files, three possibilities

1. Using Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement
  2. Can you open Adobe Reader by itself?  If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].
  3. It could even be a malware issue; see http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-core-dll-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system?  What is your Reader version?

Are these local or online documents?  If online, in what browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows7 Professional

Adobe Reader XI (11.0.03)

Some Docs are local and others online

Google Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome uses its own PDF viewer.

Regarding Adobe Reader not opening local PDF files, three possibilities

1. Using Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader, then double-click on Eula.exe and accept the license agreement
  2. Can you open Adobe Reader by itself?  If so, try disabling Protected Mode [Edit | Preferences | Security (Enhanced)].
  3. It could even be a malware issue; see http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/reader-core-dll-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. Adobe works gr8 now ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Accepting agreement in eula.exe solved the problem for me, even though eula.exe is located in Adobe Reader and I was trying to use Adobe Pro.

This is amazing though how ignorent Adobe is, since no actions are being taken to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it, thank you so very much!  I've been struggling with this problem for a long time - so frustrating!  I  did find that I had to restart my computer for it to take effect, however, so others might need to do the same.     Adobe ought to fix their print option, so that instead of freezing, an option appears in the print dialogue re the protected mode, if there are difficulties printing.   they are certianly behind the curve in customer care, IMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi thanks for the advice it solved my problem.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines