• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro & Windows 8

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Premiere Pro work with Windows 8? I'm having some major issues. When I first installed Premiere Pro I got this warning message:

"DirectX cannot be run on this version of Windows. This version of Windows is either Windows3.s or a version of Windows NT that does not support this version of DirectX. Please do not attempt to install DirectX except in these operation systems. ctX is designed to work with Windows 95 or later and Windows NT4.0 and later only. This error message can also occur if the computer hardware is incompatible with this version of DirectX"

It then gave me the option of continuing anyway. When I finally got Pre Pro installed when I started it I got this error message:

"The Currently installed soundcard driver does not support Direct Sound Input. Recording Audio is not possible"

About my computer. It's brand spanking new. Pre Pro is the first program I have installed on the system. I called the store that built the computer. They took remote access to it and installed a different sound card driver. That "apparently" took care of the sound card problem. However when I try to capture video I get this error

"can't find capture inpoint"

I've combed multiple forums and such and no one really seems to know what's going on. I've tried all the solutions I've come across and nothing seems to work. So now I'm wondering if Premiere Pro & Windows 8 are even really compatible.

Thanks in Advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No. Currently available versions of Premiere Pro require the latest feature updates to Windows 10 or Windows 11 just to even install at all.

And Windows 8 is now already EOSL'd by Microsoft, and Windows 8.1 will go completely out of support (no more security fixes) next month.

If you choose to ignore the above anyway, and attempt to install any of the currently available versions of any of the major Creative Cloud apps, then every single one of them will be flagged in the Creative Cloud app as "

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Premiere Pro CS6 from the Creative Cloud on the Windows 8 touchscreen laptop I keep in my camera bag. It installed without any issues.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>About my computer. It's brand spanking new.

There have been a few messages about Win8 problems (I've seen more of those in the PreElements forum) and a few more saying Win8 works just fine... so it MAY be your hardware

Details please... Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had CS6 running fine on Win 8 for 10 months or so.  I've never seen that DirectX error message.  What graphics card are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I should have been a little more specific in the Version I'm running. I'm running the Original version of Premiere Pro that came out in 2003. I "was" running it on Windows XP and never had a problem. The graphics card I now have on the new system is EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB GDDR5. The Mother board is the Sabertooth Z77 Chipset. The funny thing is I can't find the name of the actual sound card that was installed. All I can find is Realtek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the Original version of Premiere Pro that came out in 2003.

Ah, you're in the wrong forum.  This is for CS5, 5.5 and 6.

The best solution is probably to update your software.  Things have changed plenty since 2003.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I figured. I just can't find that forum. I thought I was in the Premiere Pro forum. At least that's the Link I clicked on. And at the top of this Discussion it says Premiere Pro forum. Do you by chance have the link to the Forum I should be in?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

warning notice I bought a computer from eBay and the seller TECK_LEAF will not respond to a computer they sold me with Windows 8.there is no specific informationfrom from Adobe support community about Windows 8  : does Premier Pro work with Windows 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. Currently available versions of Premiere Pro require the latest feature updates to Windows 10 or Windows 11 just to even install at all.

And Windows 8 is now already EOSL'd by Microsoft, and Windows 8.1 will go completely out of support (no more security fixes) next month.

If you choose to ignore the above anyway, and attempt to install any of the currently available versions of any of the major Creative Cloud apps, then every single one of them will be flagged in the Creative Cloud app as "Not compatible". Even more, the currently available version of the Creative Cloud desktop app will not even install at all on Windows 8.

In other words, you must upgrade that PC to Windows 10 just to even use Creative Cloud at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines