• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DELETE PAGES WITHOUT DELETING WHOLE PDF FILE

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help figuring out how to delete certain pages of a file without deleting the whole file and without having to re-scan 50 pages?

Eric Price

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only have the free REader, you can't. It is simply a PDF viewer and doesn't have that type of editing functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy Adobe Acrobat and you can delete certain pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Acrobat is expensive,so you can try my way.

You can accurately delete the page you want to rip off by PDF Splitter. After that, the bookmarks and page number would be automatically regulated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I 'upgraded' to version 10 I discovered that the menu option "Document" was missing, so reverted to version 9.4.  This allows you to delete selected pages by using the menu choice "Document/Delete pages", and you are given a dialog box where you can specify the pages to be deleted. I use this all the time to delete the unneeded parts of documents I scan into Evernote. I have repeatedly tried to find out why Adobe removed this feature from version 10, but to no avail - hence the reinstallation of 9.4.

If anyone else knows why this very useful feature was deleted, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone else knows why this very useful feature was deleted, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

This feature is available in Acrobat X. Look under Tools > Pages > ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe X, and there is no "Pages" option at all. I can't figure out how to delete selected pages, and it is very frustrating. Can anyone tell me how to revert back to the old Adobe so I can do this? It is essential to my job.Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe Acrobat you can delete pages. Adobe Reader can't delete pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read my reply to the above poster (not sure why you wouldn't have already). Reader does not have that feature. If the software you used before contained that feature, you were using Acrobat and not Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to have offended you, but I didn’t know I had different versions. My computer at work crashed, and our IT guy erased and reinstalled everything. My knowledge of Adobe is that I use it to look at our electrical drawings. That’s it. I will go download acrobat now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense taken.

As far as downloading Acrobat, you'll want to see if your IT guy has the disks or an install file along with a serial number. Keep in mind that Acrobat is not free like Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Megan, you may want to send a private message to adobe-admin (http://forums.adobe.com/people/adobe-admin) and ask for your personal information in message #12 to be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Didn't think about my signature being on there... Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Megan, you may want to send a private message to adobe-admin (http://forums.adobe.com/people/adobe-admin) and ask for your personal information in message #12 to be removed.

Claudio,

You can always use the 'Report' button and select 'Private information', and a mod can remove the information much quicker than the poor adobe-admin (John, who cannot be online 24 hours a day).  But it's good to let the users know about mistakenly posting private information in a public forum.

Cheers,

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, I don't want to overload JC and company, but I try to respect each user's right to decide whether they want to have that information removed or not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dougheydon wrote:

It wasn't deleted and it also wasn't available in version 9.4 of Adobe Reader. You were using version 9.4 of Adobe Acrobat (where that menu item is available).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version 9.4 of Reader that I have definitely has this feature, and I don't have Acrobat 9.4 installed, only Acrobat 8 Professional, version 0.8.0.  The menu items on the Adobe Reader screen when I open it are File, Edit, View, Document, Tools, Window, Help, and the Document dropdown is where Delete pages comes up.  I'll be happy to send a screen shot to anyone who wants to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to correct myself - ,graffiti is right and I was wrong.  Apparently my Acrobat 8 overrides the Reader and I didn't look carefully enough at the title bar.  My bad - sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem with needing to delete one page in a PDF file in Adobe Reader.  I just went back to the program (Canon MP Navigator) I used to scan the pages and re-saved the file without that page (only put a checkmark on the pages I wanted).  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2013 Mar 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to View > Navigation Panels > Pages

Drag the box that appears on to the Navigation Panel (where the bookmark icon is) until it snaps underneath the icons. You can delete pages from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've brought up a thread that is over a year old but the answer is still valid. You cannot delete pages with Adobe Reader (which is what is being discussed here).

And yeah, it might be cheaper to just buy Acrobat than to buy a "Mac" so you can use the "Preview" app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy a Mac. Use the free pre-installed "Preview" app, select the page(s) and press delete, then save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can delete pages, but I found a workaround.  Most computers now come with an option to Print to PDF, which lets you choose page ranges.  So choose print, select PDF and the page range(s) you want to keep, and create a new PDF without your unwanted pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure about "most computers"?

I've got a brand spanking new laptop at home that doesn't have this option. Are you sure you don't have some application installed that added that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel everyone's pain and here is what I did to get it to work in Adobe X Pro.

• Right click on the Quick Tools Area as seen in Figure #1 and select Quick Tools:

Figure #1

• Select the Pages option as seen in Figure #2 and select the add triangle to add it the the Quick Tools to Show: window as seen in Figure #3.

Figure #2

Figure #3

• Click on "OK" and now the toolbar is added to the application as seen in Figure #4.

Now you should be ready to rock-n-roll.  I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines