• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I use the Kuler API?

Engaged ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more information on the Kuler APIs and guidelines for usage and application naming, see the Kuler

Update (5/30/13): We're working to rebuild the Kuler API to offer more robust capababilities.  Until then, we're no longer issuing new API keys.  If you already have a key and are using the API, your service will not be interupted (your key will continue to work).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an existing key and am using the API, but the service isn't working. 

For example, this call https://kuler.adobe.com/kuler/API/rss/get.cfm?listType=popular&itemsPerPage=3&key=mykey returns

{

• code: "ResourceNotFound",
  • message: "/kuler/API/rss/get.cfm?listType=popular&itemsPerPage=3&key= does not exist"

}

Can you turn on the old api service while you're working on the new one? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neha, thanks for your response.

However there are two issues that I don't think have been addressed that make the old API unusable:

1) URLs in the RSS feeds are not publicly accessible links.  For example:

http://internal-prod-backend-1515523722.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com/index.cfm#themeID/595636

(Copied from https://kuler-api.adobe.com/rss/search.cfm?searchQuery=blue&key=mykey)

2) There are application errors on the thumbnail URLs.  For example:

https://kuler-api.adobe.com/rss/png/generateThemePng.cfm?themeid=11&key=mykey

yields: "error on line 1 at column 1: Document is empty"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello benknight87,

API issues have been resolved. Please try now.

Regards,

Neha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Just saw this message, I've got the kuler api working now within my site, lovely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update the URLs that are returned in the rss xml.  They aren't public

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like they've been updated, however they still. don't. work.

For example: https://kuler.adobe.com/kuler/themeImages/theme_595636.png

Adobe, you've deprecated your old API, claiming it's still available for developers with keys.  The problem is it's not functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure that this is entirely accurate. My Kuler API apps, CoolerKreator and Dekaf no longer work (search is broken):

http://visualrinse.com/coolerkreator/

http://visualrinse.com/dekaf

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello?  Adobe?  Is anyone from Adobe listening to this thread?  We would like to continue using the old API in full until you release the new one.  Please help enable this to work for us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versute - I'm looking into this.  Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Kuler team has identified a fix for the bug mentioned on this thread.  I don't yet have an ETA--but, I'm working with the team to get that.  I'll post an update as soon as I have one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, looking forward to the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any clues on when the API will be re-released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious when the API be available again. Or can I use somebody's previously issued API key?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As David wrote, we are not issuing new keys, however, if you have an API key that's previously issued it would continue to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is API domain specific or simply by username? In other words can I use somebody elses API key for my website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really frustrates me that Adobe would offer this tool and then not offer API keys, even to those of us who are paying for the Creative Cloud, with which it is offered as a part of, with no proper discretion as to the fact that it is not currently what it is advertised to be and that Adobe has no plans to change that. I love the tool but seriously, get this thing coming! Don't shut us out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  It would fantastic to get this API to work.  Please, expedite the development, or at least offer some keys to people who really want to make use of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would love to see this API functioning again for paid CC members. Adobe, please issue new API keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines