• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Flash Keeps Coming Up With A Window That Has A Unresponsive Plugin?

New Here ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Shockwave Flash window keeps coming up when I am on the Internet. Most of the time. It says Warning: Unresponsive Plugin. Shockwave Flash may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the plugin now, or you can continue to see if the plugin will complete. I need help fixing this issue. I am using Firefox also. Let me know how to resolve this issue. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you go to "about:crashes" in Firefox's addressbar and copy/paste the most recent submitted report ID links?  In addition, if you can go to "about:support" and paste the entire contents of the page that might also help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by the recent submitted report ID links? Like the last couple of days? What? Let me know. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top 5 most recent report ID's should do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I will do that right now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bp-d122c210-c786-4682-854b-52f4021305305/29/20138:21 PMbp-8e36fec6-61ec-4783-b3be-8ae5e21305305/29/20138:21 PMd63b8d4e-f776-4e7e-98e0-2553aeb0fde95/29/20133:25 PM171543b1-fab7-4fb1-aafb-b9d5055eaebd5/29/20132:49 PM83620973-68fb-4e3e-b445-53b5331588235/29/20132:49 PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting Information

This page contains technical information that might be useful when you're
  trying to solve a problem. If you are looking for answers to common questions
  about Firefox, check out our support website.

Application Basics

Name

Firefox

Version

User Agent

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0

Profile Folder

Enabled Plugins

about:plugins

Build Configuration

about:buildconfig

Crash Reports

about:crashes

Memory Use

about:memory

Extensions

Name

Version

Enabled

ID

Default Theme Engine - Personas Interactive1.6.3.5truebtpersonas@brandthunder.comNorton Vulnerability Protection11.3.0.9 - 5true{BBDA0591-3099-440a-AA10-41764D9DB4DB}Conduit Engine3.3.3.2falseengine@conduit.comHP Smart Web Printing4.60falsesmartwebprinting@hp.comIE Tab4.0.20130422false{77b819fa-95ad-4f2c-ac7c-486b356188a9}Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant1.2.1false{20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b}Norton Toolbar2013.3.5.1false{2D3F3651-74B9-4795-BDEC-6DA2F431CB62}Printing Helper2.5falseqirohxuzst@qirohxuzst.orgvshare Add-On1.21false{dd05fd3d-18df-4ce4-ae53-e795339c5f01}

Important Modified Preferences

Name

Value

accessibility.typeaheadfind.flashBar0browser.cache.disk.capacity1048576browser.cache.disk.smart_size.first_runfalsebrowser.cache.disk.smart_size_cached_value1003520browser.history_expire_days.mirror180browser.places.importBookmarksHTMLfalsebrowser.places.importDefaultsfalsebrowser.places.leftPaneFolderId-1browser.places.migratePostDataAnnotationsfalsebrowser.places.smartBookmarksVersion4browser.places.updateRecentTagsUrifalsebrowser.search.param.yahoo-frchr-greentree_ff&type=634471browser.search.useDBForOrdertruebrowser.startup.homepagexfinity.comcast.netbrowser.startup.homepage_override.buildID20130511120803browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone21.0browser.tabs.onTopfalsebrowser.tabs.warnOnClosefalsedom.max_chrome_script_run_time0dom.mozApps.usedtruedom.w3c_touch_events.exposefalseextensions.lastAppVersion21.0font.internaluseonly.changedfalsegeneral.useragent.extra.microsoftdotnet( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)gfx.blacklist.suggested-driver-version7.15.10.1666network.cookie.prefsMigratedtrueplaces.database.lastMaintenance1369838791places.history.expiration.transient_current_max_pages80251places.history.expiration.transient_optimal_database_size128400588places.last_vacuum1303434586plugin.disable_full_page_plugin_for_typesapplication/pdfprint.print_printerHP Deskjet F4200 seriesprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_bgcolorfalseprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_bgimagesfalseprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_commandprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_downloadfontsfalseprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_edge_bottom0print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_edge_left0print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_edge_right0print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_edge_top0print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_evenpagestrueprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_footercenterprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_footerleft&PTprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_footerright&Dprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_headercenterprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_headerleft&Tprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_headerright&Uprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_in_colortrueprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_margin_bottom0.5print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_margin_left0.5print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_margin_right0.5print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_margin_top0.5print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_oddpagestrueprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_orientation0print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_pagedelay500print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_paper_data1print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_paper_height 11.00print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_paper_size_type0print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_paper_size_unit0print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_paper_width  8.50print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_reversedfalseprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_scaling  1.00print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_shrink_to_fittrueprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_to_filefalseprint.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_unwriteable_margin_bottom0print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_unwriteable_margin_left0print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_unwriteable_margin_right0print.printer_HP_Deskjet_F4200_series.print_unwriteable_margin_top0privacy.clearOnShutdown.cookiesfalseprivacy.clearOnShutdown.downloadsfalseprivacy.clearOnShutdown.formdatafalseprivacy.clearOnShutdown.historyfalseprivacy.cpd.offlineAppstrueprivacy.cpd.siteSettingstrueprivacy.sanitize.migrateFx3Prefstrueprivacy.sanitize.promptOnSanitizefalseprivacy.sanitize.sanitizeOnShutdowntrueprivacy.sanitize.timeSpan0security.warn_viewing_mixedfalsesecurity.warn_viewing_mixed.show_oncefalse

user.js Preferences
        Your profile folder contains a user.js file, which includes preferences that were not created by Firefox.

Graphics

Adapter DescriptionMobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset FamilyAdapter Driversigdumd32Adapter RAMUnknownDevice ID0x2a02Direct2D EnabledBlocked for your graphics driver version. Try updating your graphics driver to version 7.15.10.1666 or newer.DirectWrite Enabledfalse (7.0.6002.18592)Driver Date1-2-2008Driver Version7.14.10.1409GPU #2 ActivefalseGPU Accelerated Windows0/1 Basic Blocked for your graphics driver version. Try updating your graphics driver to version 7.15.10.1666 or newer.Vendor ID0x8086WebGL RendererBlocked for your graphics driver version. Try updating your graphics driver to version 7.15.10.1666 or newer.

AzureCanvasBackendskiaAzureContentBackendnoneAzureFallbackCanvasBackendcairo

JavaScript

Incremental GC

true

Accessibility

Activated

false

Prevent Accessibility

Library Versions

Expected minimum versionVersion in useNSPR4.9.64.9.6NSS3.14.3.0 Basic ECC3.14.3.0 Basic ECCNSSSMIME3.14.3.0 Basic ECC3.14.3.0 Basic ECCNSSSSL3.14.3.0 Basic ECC3.14.3.0 Basic ECCNSSUTIL3.14.3.03.14.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the information I put on here? And, what should I do next to resolve this issue. Let me know. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay.  Is it possible for you to paste the actual links to the report ID's instead of the ID itself?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ok. The links for the about:crashes and about:support? Let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your crash reports are generic hangs which we cannot pinpoint at this time.  we'll need specific steps to reproduce on our side before we can take action on it.

please be as specif as you can with steps to reproduce, including URLs, how many open windows, tabs, apps running and such.

has the issue always existed or has it come up recently with some changes?  can you recall the changes that happened with your system?

----

also, have you tried a clean Firefox profile?

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. No problem. What do you want me to do first? Clean Firefox Profile? I haven't done that yet. Let me know. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

starting up a fresh Firefox profile would be a great start.  don't delete your existing one just in case.

if you are an admin on your system, you could even create a new user and take that route...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks. How do I do this? Just click on the link that you gave me previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, use the supplied link for instruction how to launch Firefox's Profile Manager and create a new Firefox profile...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks. I will do that when I can get to it and I will let you know what happens after I do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new profile. What do I do next? Let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quit out of firefox...

launch the profile manager again

select the new profile and click the "Start Firefox" button

do youstill have the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think. How come it works now? It's back to a regular Firefox like if you installed Firefox on it. Is it because of the new profile? Or just starting off fresh with a new Firefox from the beginning like when you installed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the new profile is like starting fresh.  your old profile is still accessible should you need to retrieve information.  we just needed to prove that the issue was with your existing profile. 

are you still getting non responsive error messages?

if not, there's something specific to your old profile that may be causing the problem which is not specific to Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I know. Just when I Clear the History. It just says Warning: Unresponsive Script. It tells you what it is and then it says Continue or Stop Script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, were you getting the option to stop the script prior?  i was under the assumption you did not and the browser would hang and you needed to or Firefox shut down on it's own.

does the unresponsive prompt on all flash content of specific sites? the error could possibly be content related, meaning it is badly coded and stuck in some sort of loop.  this would not be a flash player issue, but rather the content provider problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I Clear the History, it will hang for a while and then it will come up with that window that says Warning: Unresponsive Script. It tells you what it is and then it says don't ask me again, continue or stop script. I always hit Continue and then it goes away and Clears the History.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the same exact problem as when I fixed the problem. After I fixed the problem, it kept coming up with the same exact thing. Let me know how to resolve this issue. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody please help me resolve this issue that I am having. Let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines