• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2013 Jun 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Successfully downloaded and chose from startup menu; nothing happened or opened.  What to do?  I only downloaded PS. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2013 Jun 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't know anything. your post is vague and confusing and devoid of any technical info. System specs and an exact description of what you are doing, please!

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2013 Jun 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium:

Thanks for responding at least. I have since been successful in troubleshooting my own problem with the help of other conversations/experiences discussed in the thread. I might add, for future reference, please reply in a more respectful manner if you choose to reply to users in the future, as your reply to me indicated a very disrespectful and condescending tone, which is highly inappropriate and unprofessional in this asynchronous environment and any environment for that matter. Thank goodness for anonymity in this forum.

Thanks for your reply, at any rate, and hope this message does not imply that you "know anything" and is not as vague and confusing as the prior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2013 Jun 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Educdoc, I realize your frustration, and sorry if Mylenium's answer seemed harsh, but realize that he does help countless customers... The issue he, and many regulars are facing is that despite guidelines or faqs inviting users coming here for help to do so, many newcomers don't give upfront the necessary information in order to be helped.

For instance, the fact that you are using a Mac or a PC, and the version of the operating system, the version of Photoshop, the exact error message that you receive are all necessary informations to give a relevant answer, and none of them was present in the initial post. (Compared to some you did give the an application reference 😉 )

You might not be aware if he had to ask that very same question to dozen other customers in a row, when he could have helped them on their first post.

Of course, we all have to place ourselves in the shoes of the other party, and understand that our proficiency level with computers varies, but just imagine we don't deal about computer programs:

Is "I installed new plumbing and an heater and it does not work when I push the start button" a post that would allow a direct answer on a plumbing forum?

Crafting a more inviting answer to be copy-pasted on such cases would maybe be a good step to avoid misunderstandings like this one.

One other thing to keep in mind: the regulars here come in their free time, so does several Adobe staff members.

Finally, could you share what was the fix for your issue? The purpose of a forum is to help many with answers given to one. Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines