• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increasing maxload "no report logging will be done"

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using RoboHelp Server 8, connected to a Microsoft SQL Server database. We are running into problems where we are exceeding the maximum possible connections. Here's the error returned in the log file:

SEVERE: java.sql.SQLException: Maximum possible connections are open and all the connections are busy. Kindly review the "maxload" in the server.properties file and adjust it according to the expected load.

java.sql.SQLException: Maximum possible connections are open and all the connections are busy. Kindly review the "maxload" in the server.properties file and adjust it according to the expected load.

at adobe.robohelp.server.SQLConnection.getConnection(SQLConnection.java:89)

at adobe.robohelp.server.DatabaseManager.GetConnection(DatabaseManager.java:174)

at adobe.robohelp.server.DatabaseManager.GetHelpProjectId(DatabaseManager.java:751)

at adobe.robohelp.server.DatabaseManager.LogSolutionActionByIds(DatabaseManager.java:598)

at adobe.robohelp.server.DatabaseManager.OnLogTopicRequest(DatabaseManager.java:1191)

at adobe.robohelp.server.CSystemManager.doCommand(CSystemManager.java:231)

at adobe.robohelp.server.HelpArea.doGet(HelpArea.java:62)

at adobe.robohelp.server.AreaManager.doGet(AreaManager.java:79)

at adobe.robohelp.server.RoboHelpServer.doGet(RoboHelpServer.java:149)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:470)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:291)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

However, when I open the server.properties file, I see this caveat, and I wonder if that means it will stop logging standard server logs, or stop recording usage statistics altogether (which kind of defeats the purpose of running RoboHelp Server):

#Specify maximum number of concurrent connections
#This should be determined by the database used.
#For a load higher than this number, no report logging will be done.
maxload =  150

Does anyone know what increasing the maxload parameter does? Is there a maximum number for this parameter (i.e. 999)?

Thanks,

Ed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed.

I have to admit that we never get anywhere near double figures of concurrent users let alone 150. So I've not tried changing that property. It seems quite clear what the implications are but I suspect it may not be quite as clear cut. Maybe a bit of experimentation is required with the number to see if the caveat is true.

Out of interest are you using secure areas forcing users to enter a userid / password to access the help? Could this be why you are getting such high numbers? If so, are they really concurrent or are their logins being left behind after they have finished. Maybe you could get your IT bods to look into this and setup a way to force idle users off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been doing a bit more research and it would seem that Apache can't handle a MAXLOAD value over 150:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10747548/web-server-maximum-number-of-users-apache-can-handle

This link does suggest some workarounds if you continue to get this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Colum-

Thanks for the info. We're not using secure ID/password. We have 15 different help projects running on the server, but our stats don't indicate enough usage that we'd be hitting that many concurrent users.

Since it's advised not to increase the maxload, I'll see if there's some sort of technical solution I can work with my IT team to implement.

Thanks!

Ed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp