• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full-text search in published project finding zero results for multiple-word entries

Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[RH10, IE10, Windows 7]

I manage a large WebHelp project that has produced correct search results in the past. At some point the search function stopped finding results for entries of more than one word. For example, it won't find any results for "project plan" even though searching for either "project" or "plan" separately will correctly return results including the numerous pages containing either "plan project" or "project plan".

TCS support is having a look at the files. So far we have found that this occurs under Google Chrome as well as IE 10, and also that the same error occurs if we publish to FlashHelp.

BTW, I have another similarly configured project that does not display this error.

I was hoping someone might have encountered this and can suggest a fix.

--

Alberti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Do you have any baggage files? Particularly PDF or Word documents?

I think I've seen recent incidents where an errant Baggage file was causing Search to fail.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

We do have baggage files of all sorts but in this project they are excluded from search.

At one point in this project Search failed completely; the Search pane came up blank after generating. I was advised by a TCS support person that PDF baggage files (and not just “errant” ones!) will kill the search function (hmmm…) and must be excluded from search (in the WebHelp layout properties). That proved to be right and fixed the problem. Search worked fine for a while until I observed this new thing.To be extra-cautious I have excluded ALL baggage files from Search, at least until we can eliminate whatever this new issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp