• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

spot cross-reference

Advisor ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once in a blue moon, I want to work with a spot cross-reference … I run into the same question every time, and promptly forget the answer. The illustration in my battered copy of the FM 7.0 User Guide seems to show exactly what I want to achieve, a single word defined as a marker and then showing up elsewhere as a hyperlink. My problem is, I can't work out the building block to use in the cross-reference format: I was expecting something like <$markertext>, but don't see it. I tried <$paratext>, but that was a bit too generous :-}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ... spot cross-reference ...

Can you define that?

Is this thread about that?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3498342#3498342

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niels,

That specific request, a generic <$markertext> building block, has been on the wishlists for a very long time...

The possible workarounds are listed in the thread that Error points to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I tried <$paratext>, but that was a bit too generous :-}

... only for excessive values of paragraph.

By using run-ins, a paragraph could be a single letter if necessary.

If I had but a small number of such spotrefs to do, I'd use dedicated Xref formats (where the format def is just the desired string). This is described in the referenced thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use spot xrefs extensively. Although you can easily generate a reference to the location (as in "See the screen capture on page <$pagenum>) there seems to be no way to leverage the markertext content itself.

I agree with Arnis that this is a long-standing need, and one that should be considered by Adobe for development.

A side-note: Conversion of Fm to Rh may require mapping these xrefs to a text string instead of [Source] or various building blocks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines