Exit

Mouse Hover Shows the Image Name

New Here ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML Version 9

Hi,

In the WebHelp display in IE, the file name shows when I hover over an image.

Example.jpg

I could put in a screen tip, but I would have to do that for every image and that will be time consuming after-the-fact.

Can anyone tell me how to change the output so the file name does not display for ALL the images.  I looked in the WebHelp Settings dialog, but can't find anything in there.

Thanks!!

Natalie

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll probably have to edit the resulting HTML to remove the ALT text - I think that's where it's picking up the filename

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned that I tried that in RoboHelp...   I went into the HTML tab and deleted the alt="" text.  Robohelp seems to stick it back in after I save and generate.

Did you mean open the WebHelp in a different HTML editor (not RoboHelp)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - when you edit in the HTML tab, you're still working with the project files - not the help output. You need to mess about with the output files to test this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional info.  Yes, I can edit the output files, remove the alt="" and that fixes it.  But if I make any changes to the source files and re-generate, I have to edit the output files again.

Helpful, but not practical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know that was the culprit - if you can't prevent it from being added within RH, maybe setting up a FAR script to clean it out of the output is the way to go. I've never really paid attention to it - is it that big a deal? Maybe Peter Grainge (grainge.org) or Willam (wvanweelden.eu<http://www.wvanweelden.eu>) or Rick (robowizard.com) have something on their sites to address it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An internal client doesn't "like" it, and I was hoping for a quick easy solution in RoboHelp.

Thanks for the additional links!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Maybe this will help?  It helped me resolve the tooltip problem in generated PDF documents.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3693331#3693331

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For what it is worth, I believe this problem is fixed in Rh10.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp