• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

anchors, graphics and tables …

Advisor ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So … I updated a pin-out table as requested, deftly adjusted the colspans and rowspans to match the drawing I'd been given, and drew the lines. The results were as attached.  You can guess what happened next: we dropped a paragraph of text upstream of the table. The table moved obediently up, the graphic frame stayed where it was.

I thought that adding an anchored frame to hold the graphics frame might be the answer, but so far I haven't persuaded an anchored frame to cross the boundaries of the table cell :-{

Hints and tips welcome, as usual. I suppose it's no big deal to recreate the whole table as an .eps in Illustrator, if that's what it takes – just less elegant.

anchoringGraphics.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the connection lines are a single overlay art object?

I'd be tempted to draw them in anchored frames within the table cells, anchored At Insertion Point, straddling as needed.

Who still uses RS-232?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the moment, the connection lines are simply FM graphic tools lines placed where nature and author intended. If I read you aright, I should try inserting several anchored frames rather than one … suggesting that, indeed, anchored frames cannot cross the chalk line of a cell boundary.

FWIW, I haven't seen any 25-pin serial connectors kicking around, nor parallel connectors for printers and cables as thick as your arm <g> Some progress is being made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines