• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application manager failed to initialize

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to update the application manager for Design and Web CS6, but I get the following code: U49M1P1

Update failed

Application Manager could not be updated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

I tried all that. Didn't work. I removed the old application Manager,

installed the new, copied back the old. Then I installed the whole suite

again. Then the update worked. On windows 7

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't help. You're not telling us anything about your system. Also simply download the update from the download section.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all that. Didn't work. I removed the old application Manager,

installed the new, copied back the old. Then I installed the whole suite

again. Then the update worked. On windows 7

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled everything Adobe on my system and then done a re-installation and got the same exact problem. I even cleaned the registry before the reinstall and deleted any and all files from Program Files and Program Files x86. I'm running Win7 x64. I've also downloaded the Application Manager and tried installing it that way. Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2012 Dec 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same problem has been going whole autumn here and every time the bloody updater tries to update, it fails. Is there a way to unable this useless updating process that takes time from my work?

I have manually updated the programmes couple of times, so why bother us customers with this kind of dare I say what.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the cs6 suite few times for due to other problems (activation failures) and that´s it for now. I want use the expensive programme and not to code it to work.

Specs. Win7 64bit, 8GB RAM, i7 2,93GHz etc.

This time the error code was:

U49M1P1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meladiivit what version of the Adobe Application Manager are you using?  The Adobe Application Manager is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6.2.136.0 dated 20.9.2012.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maledivvit you are utilizing an older version of the Adobe Application Manager.  The current version is 7.0.0.189.  Please try the link offered by Pat in either message #2 or 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded via link given in message no. 3 and started installation; "Installation could not  be iniatilized". End of action. Problem continues its fourth month now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then please remove all Adobe Creative Software currently installed on your computer.  Please follow this by running the CS Cleaner Tool to verify complete removal.  You can find details of the Cleaner Tool's use at CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it already two times as I said before. I guess i just keep on updating manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Mattio3378, the only thing that works is totally uninstalling - that's TOTALLY - and then doing a re-install. Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be possible to remove the Adobe Application Manager and then only reinstall that component but I would recommend working directly with our support team for that process.  The safest route, and least dependent on your system configuration and installed applications, would be to remove all Adobe Creative Software as previously discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and how long would that reinstallation apply, to the next update? And then again re-install? The problem is that except for Photoshop, I am new with rest of the cs6 package and now I´m in the middle of a layout project and the settings that I have found are far too valuable to be lost in a row of  continuous reinstallations and secondly that should be part of the price - the uneffortless updating. That shouldn´t be the customer´s pain. If this was a milk bottle  I would have returned it to the shop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem today...  I uninstalled Adobe Support Advisor and Adobe Air.  Then I launched After Effects and went to "help-update software."  It seems to be updating fine now.  I am on Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines