Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SoftKeyboard problem using FB 4.6 AIR 3.7

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day...

I have tried every tutorial available here using softkeyboard but none of them work. I mean, there is no error, the program runs on desktop but there is no keyboard in the emulator...

Please help me on this one...

Thank you very much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The softkeyboard does not show up in the simulator. It will only show up on an actual device. When testing on a desktop, just use your keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2013 Jun 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The SoftKeyboard does work in the simulator with AIR 3.7, it depends on how you wish to activate it that is the problem.

If you need to activate the SoftKeyboard via a Input textfield then make sure that the textfield is of a "Input" type (myTF.type = TextFieldType.INPUT). When focusing on the textfield the softkeyboard will display on the iOS Simulator and iOS Devices. There is no need to do anything else such as softkeyboard options in code.

If you have your Rendering mode set to CPU the screen will adjust accordingly, however if you have it set to GPU the keyboard may obstruct the textfield so just take this into consideration.

You cannot activate the softkeyboard by code.

There is another way to do it which I'm unable to check right now, but on a certain version of iOS SDK you could actually select "Open Software Keyboard" from the Hardware menu on iOS Simulator menu, if you have it, it will be located below "Simulate Hardware Keyboard".

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines