• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installed aam6 onto cs5, need aam for cs5 win please

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't want to have to reinstall cs5. was having problems with updates on xp. I must have misread the download that was linked to a cs5 article that's linked to a cs6 aam (there's even one with cs7 aam I think). now I need to backrev aam to the cs5 version so things might update again.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-application-manager-needed-cs5.html

and articles like it

can anyone please supply me with a download link to the aam for cs5 for windows? I just need to get things working again, and I can't seem to find it on the adobe site amid the thousands of links.

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the aam is involved, but you can acquire the trial version of CS5 from the page linked below as long as you first follow the Very Important Instructions...

CS5: http://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

You can then use your CS5 serial number to activate it to full use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I said I don't want to reinstall cs5 master collection. it takes 1-2 days to do that + time to reconfig everything (weeks).

all I wanted to do was reinstall aum or aam for cs5, whichever was the original program.

if I could do it from the discs I have, I would, but I can't find it on the discs.

it's nice to be able to download cs5 if I need it for whatever reason, but I have original discs.

I suppose you are telling me I should just reinstall from scratch that there's no other way to reinstall the orignal aam/aum for cs5? it would make sense. I just had such an AWFUL time trying to even get cs5 to reinstall on this xp box after windows died from filesystem corruption(bit rot) and I there was no way to "deactivate" - or delete all of the old files off the hard drive, even with booting a linux livecd.

cs5 must embed itself deeply into the filesystem or something. there were several files and therefore several dirs I could not delete.

cs5 would therefore mess up during installs onto a different drive because it "detected that it was installed already" or would throw some error.

all I wanted was some way to reinstall the AAM/AUM for cs5 (whatever it's called) itself. with some install instructions, because the instructions for aam6 were pretty detailed and manual if I remember right (memory isn't too good past 2 weeks, and this was months). I wish I will  had the link for that page. I think it got dropped by a very familiar browser bookmarks bug nobody knows how to reproduce.

from some reading I am doing, apparently I should be installing aam7. so that's what I am trying now until a better answer comes along. maybe there were no more updates beyond .04

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines