Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to MP4 out of Flash

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The fact that this hasn't been implemented has somewhat shocked me but with all the MP4 usage out there (H.264 encoding) for iOS and web - with great compression capabilities, I'm surprised there isn't a native way to export directly to MP4 out of Flash. It really increases production time and increases hours when using the After Effects or exporting an MOV/AVI/FLV/FLA and using the adobe media encoder methods. Is there a way to streamline this so it will just export as it would any other video (Using the Adobe Media Encoder). I did see that the CC version is adding a feature that may do the trick if you can in fact export to the encoder and queue a series of MP4 conversions. That would be a huge help if that's the case, but is that how it will work? Please advise, since I still use Flash for a great deal of animation and batching multiple Flash files would save a ton of time (and lessen errors).

Thanks in advance for reading,

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

if you have quicktime installed, cc will be able to export a mov directly to ame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have quicktime installed, cc will be able to export a mov directly to ame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I was having the same trouble, and got to the point where I just decided to type in ".mp4" over ".mov" in the export video section in Adobe Flash CC. Lo and behold it worked! Media encoder automatically opened and took care of it!

Good luck!

Theo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter and Theo,  This was such a big help to me.  I really wish I had a mentor for this project I'm working on.  Thanks again!

Kay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that worked! Thank you for such a great tip. You've helped me big time with my assignment, Especially when you ask the student forum and no one answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theo,

Thanks for the tip. The conversion worked for audio but the frame is just black (for both attempts when saved as .mov or .mp4) Looks like its not converting the video for some reason. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you talk about converting the video, do you mean H.264 video that you have in your timeline? If so, that's normal, it doesn't get exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an animation using multiple frames, layers and audio. I am trying to export out a video which will be easy to upload to my wordpress site. mp4 seems to be the obvious choice used by html sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My quicktime for some reason stopped compressing my after efffects exported .mov files to .mp4 how can i fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines