• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get Photoshop 2 (yes 2) to install on my new Gateway computer with windows 8...?

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It keeps rejecting my installation....."must have internet explorer 4.4 or higher to install".....Windows 8 has internet explorer 10 !!!!! Help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Photoshop 2 was a Macintosh only program released in 1991. It will not work on Windows 8. Photoshop 2.5 was the first available on a PC platform. As to Photoshop CS 2 (aka Photoshop 9) it is likely to have major compatibility problems in Windows 8, especially if you are running on a 64-bit version of Windows 8. You can probably do better with Photoshop Elements if upgradeing to Photoshop CS 6 is not in the cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kennvidro

Please turn on compatibility mode in Internet Explorer 10.  You can find more details at Fix site display problems with Compatibility View -http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility -view#ie=ie-10.

Or Use any other browser ... !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2 was a Macintosh only program released in 1991. It will not work on Windows 8. Photoshop 2.5 was the first available on a PC platform. As to Photoshop CS 2 (aka Photoshop 9) it is likely to have major compatibility problems in Windows 8, especially if you are running on a 64-bit version of Windows 8. You can probably do better with Photoshop Elements if upgradeing to Photoshop CS 6 is not in the cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is actually Photoshop Elements 2 and it was included in my WACOM software purchase back then.  I had Windows XP and it worked great??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kennvidro Michael's response is still going to be valid.  Please upgrade to Photoshop Elements 11 if you wish to run Photoshop Elements on a recent operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines