• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert books to HTML files

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/WSd817046a44e105e21e63e3d11ab7f7960b-7e33.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to convert my book to HTML. So far, I have only been able to generate one large HTML file. I would like to create a TOC with the book chapters (sub documents) linking back to the parent document (TOC). Per instructions, I have used the HTML setup dialog box to try and separate the book file into separate HTML files (using the STart New, Linked Web Page option). I have also gone into the HTML Reference pages for each chapter and edited the Startsubdoc and Endsubdoc macros (see instructions for Create links that simulate a TOC).

I have followed these instructions as written and yet when I go back to save my book, none of these changes have been applied. Only one HTML file is generated (no linked sub documents). Furthermore, I have edited some of the system macros so that a certain title is posted and again when I save the file as HTML, this change has not been implemented.

What is going on? How do I edit the HTML mapping tables, macros etc so that the changes I put in there translate to reality? Am I leaving something out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an addendum to my original question, would it be possible to save each book file separately and then somehow link them to the first book file? I am trying to figure out an alternative way to the Start New, Linked Web Page option which does not seem to be working for me.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM’s native HTML output is considered quite lame – that’s why you don’t see many people trying to use it. Most of us have gone either the TCS route using RoboHelp or use products like Mif2Go or WebWorks ePublisher to get our FM content out in HTML format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. My document was started in Framemaker and now more than halfway through the project, they want HTML output not PDF. My aim was to convert the current document from Framemaker as close as possible to how it should look in HTML and then use a good HTML editor to fix it. I appreciate your listing of products to use. This is exactly the sort of information I have been looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mif2Go is really considered the gold standard in this – it’s fairly complicated to get set up, but allows for a high degree of configurability to allow you to get what you want out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines