• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore in Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Creative Cloud subscriber and would like to use Encore, but I do not see the icon in the APPS page of my Creative Cloud page.  Where do I search to find ENCORE and is it really part of the subscription?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud Problem w/Encore http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1157570

-MAY have just PPro/Encore w/Cloud http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1172570

-Need to FIND the EXE http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1202239

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For most people, these are the issues:

Encore is included with Premiere, but it is a separate install. Some cloud users seem to have trouble finding the program to run once it is installed. Look in any adobe apps folder.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5279193#5279193

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning, I've updated my CS6 (CC) apps, Pr/AE/Photoshop/Audition to the CC version.

Everything is fine except I can't find Encore CC. I've looked/searched all folders but I only have the old Encore CS6.

I've got only 12GB free space left on my C-drive so I want to remove CS6 but I need Encore for DVD/Blu-ray delivering.

What I'm doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in order to restore encore, you will need to re-install Premiere Pro CS6 (at least temproarily) to get it. Encore has been retired. More information is available at http://www.adobe.com/products/encore/faq.html.

To (re-)install Premiere Pro CS6, got to https://creative.adobe.com/ login and then go to the Download Center area. You can then click on the Premiere Pro Icon. It will take you to https://creative.adobe.com/products/premiere

Go down to the "In This Version" section and open the drop-down and select the "Premiere Pro CS6" from it.

The download button will change to "Download Premiere Pro CS6"

Click on the button and then it should open the creative cloud app and download Premiere Pro CS6.

After the installation, you can go to the uninstall Premiere Pro CS6 and ONLY select Premiere Pro For unstallation. This will leave Encore.

Here is a Video on how the workflow has changed between Encore and Premiere Pro CC.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/davtechtable/using-premiere-pro-cc-encore-cs6-for-bluray-dvd-and-interacti...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No bug fixes then. What other programs on a PC can be used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Adobe has said that CS6 will receive bug fixes. But I doubt they had Encore in mind, and some important bugs weren't fixed even in major releases. so I agree with your conclusion.

Other programs....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How bad is this!!! Do they realy think DVD and Blu-ray are dead?

I understand that a lot of people watch movies on there smartphone or tablet but I know a lot of people who watch movies on there 40"+ TV from DVD or Blu-ray.

I'm using Adobe CC products only for movie editing and they kill the most important part (delivering to clients). Bad, bad, bad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they'd fix a few of the serious flaws, it wouldn't matter that they add nothing new. Pretty lame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had and have big issues with Encore. It's not the most intuitive program but I know how to handle it and it is fine.

I still believe that DVD and Blu-ray authoring software must be part of any editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WilfredAP wrote:

I never had and have big issues with Encore. It's not the most intuitive program but I know how to handle it and it is fine.

Encore was and is the worst and most buggiest Adobe product in history for me. It even surpases flash. Subtitles had a bug that destroyed all your subtitle work when entered manually. This bug was known and carried over four versions. I remember many error 0 messages. Have you tried to export ACC audio plus MPEG video from Premiere to use it in Encore and audio is one frame off. Encore messes up the whole timeline and video. What the heck does a cloud help when the core products are neglected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did suffer those issues and like most humans I am a creature of habit and familiarity. But, oh well adobe decided to cut it's sling load.

I've heard there are other authoring programs out there that are better. Can you suggest a few? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean to say " I did NOT suffer those issues..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know those bugs but I never use subs and all video I feed to encore are already transcoded the way Encore likes them.

So Encore was happy with me and I with Encore.

But I use a lot of Precomposed templates so if you know another authoring software which can handle these, please tell me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I use a lot of Precomposed templates so if you know another authoring software which can handle these, please tell me.

I'm interested in Jon Geddes' take on all this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan Jones wrote:

I'm interested in Jon Geddes' take on all this.

I've had many conversations with Jon about the transition to streaming media and the future of physical media.  We used to work together and the issue of creating DVD/Blu-ray style navigation that utilizes the kind of customizable, themed motion menu templates he is known for has been an ongoing discussion for years.  I think the consensus is that physical media is still going to be around for a while and I know Jon plans to continue offering Precomposed products and services indefinitely.  I've heard bits and pieces about a new project he is developing in response to the growing "online delivery ecosystem", but I don't think he has released any official info.  Maybe he'll chime in here or make a blog post about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have NO idea if this works with your templates, but look at http://www.deskshare.com/dvd-authoring-burning-software.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very bad news. I will wait on the cc upgrade while i ponder giving adobe more money. Fcpx even finally got blu ray ability. It's hard to believe a company that caters to pros would do such a thing. apple? Sure. Adobe. Wow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the light of this information from Jon Geddes: http://www.precomposed.com/blog/2013/06/ame-vs-premiere/#more-1335 sums up the reason I have always preferred to use the dynamic link as compared to using AME for my DVD or blu ray timelines. Being a wedding and events videographer I have always delivered on blu ray and DVD and sometimes on other media.

Besides the chapter markers for ipad highlighted by Adobe that will be achieved using AME and PrPro, what is going to happen to closed captions and interactive subtitles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza schrieb:

In the light of this information from Jon Geddes: http://www.precomposed.com/blog/2013/06/ame-vs-premiere/#more-1335 sums up the reason I have always preferred to use the dynamic link as compared to using AME for my DVD or blu ray timelines. Being a wedding and events videographer I have always delivered on blu ray and DVD and sometimes on other media.

This sheds some more light on the issues:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2010/10/scaling-in-premiere-pro-cs5.html

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2011/02/cuda-mercury-playback-engine-and-adobe-premiere-pro.html

Most important result form above blogs is that if you are scaling down from HD to SD (e.g. for DVD) you need to use direct export to get a sharp enough image.

I particpiated about a year ago in a lengthy thread on the forum, regarding AME and Direct Export. I don't have the link anymore and can't search right now, but as far as I remember AME does not support CUDA. There are general problems with dynamic link because Encore is only 32-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are general problems with dynamic link because Encore is only 32-bit.

Incorrect! Adobe Encore CS6 is 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza schrieb:

There are general problems with dynamic link because Encore is only 32-bit.

Incorrect! Adobe Encore CS6 is 64 bit.

You are right! I must have mixed it up with something else. I still have something in my mind about the problem with AME and Encore. Maybe it was only that AME didn't use the CUDA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they'd fix a few of the serious flaws, it wouldn't matter that they add nothing new.

I disagree.  I had high hopes of Adobe someday adding the capability for continuous menu video and audio, which BD is capable of.  No more interruptions as we switch menus and make selections.  Using John's Precomposed menus, I reeeeeally wanted that feature in Encore.

It really sucks that Adobe has dropped this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really sucks that Adobe has dropped this program.

Yes, it really sucks but I want to know WHY they did this. I believe it is not because the world is changing to streaming media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines