• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 8 is not saving audio

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I am using Presenter 8 in combination with PowerPoint 2007 on a Windows XP desktop. Each time I record a slide, I can listen to the recording, but once I move on to the next slide the recording disappears.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you.  -Michael

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Hello Vikram,

It's like you have a crystal ball!

When I create a presentation in admin mode, it allows me to save the audio, creates an audio sub-folder in the assets folder, and I can see the the .mp3 file.

So it appears our antivirus software feels threatened by the Record button in Presenter 😜

I'll discuss with our IT folks and see if we can make the antivirus software play nice; otherwise, I'll just work in admin mode.

Thank you so much for all your diligence and patience in helping work through

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Is it happening with every project?

Can you tell me the exact version of the Presenter?

Can you check whether audio  gets created after recording in Assets folder at "<pptx filename>_pptx" folder and is it still present after you observe that there is no audio in that slide?

Thanks,

Vikram

Adobe Presenter Engg. Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vikram,

Yes, I have tried using .ppt and .pptx with the same result.  I also created a new test .pptx and while I can hear the audio immediately after recording, after advancing to the next slide the recording appears to disappear - despite pressing SAVE.

I am using Presenter v8.0.1 Build 260; PowerPoint 2007 (12.0.6425.1000); and Windows XP Pro v.2002 SP3.

And there is no audio being created after recording.  The only file in the Assets folder is Media.ppcx

Thank you for responding so quickly,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Is there any audio folder inside the <pptx filename>_pptx folder after you make the recording? Can you please verify that your audio setup is working fine with other recording device like sound recorder and you are able to create an audio file like (*.wma) .

Can you please try one more scenario, record audio in one slide and then come out of the audio record mode, again goto next slide, click on audio record and again record.

Were you able to record without any issues earlier? 

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Vikram,

I think you may have helped me stumble upon the problem.  When I try to record using sound recorder, the system responds that there is not sufficient memory to complete the operation (despite 3GB of RAM, and nothing open - I even restarted my system to ensure there were no background processes).

The system does allow me to save the .wav file using sound recorder; but I can not save any audio on even a single slide.

I'm scheduled for a computer refresh next month, so I'm going to bide my time for now.  Hopefully this problem is all due to trying to use a 2002 OS (XP) + PPT 2007 + Presenter 8.

This was a new installation.  I believe I was using Presenter 6 in my former position in another city; when I moved to this position, my new boss was excited that I had the skillset to design eLearning modules, so we worked to obtain a license for this position.  As we all know, designing the content is the hard part - animating and recording is the fun part.  I'm ready to do the fun part!!!

I'll come back to the forum after my computer refresh and will let you know if it was just a compatability issue, or if we need to still work through more troubleshooting (including the possibility that the problem is in my chair

Thank you for all your help!

-Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear that, we finally got an idea about the issue.

Perhaps, you can try one more scenario - launch PPT in admin mode and do the same scenario.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikram,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "launch PPT in admin mode"; I have administrative rights assigned to my user account, so I think I'm already in admin mode - but if there is something else I should do please let me know.

Thanks again for all your help,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

You can goto the Office installtion folder, right click on POWERPNT.EXE and select run as, then pass administrator credentials in it.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vikram,

It's like you have a crystal ball!

When I create a presentation in admin mode, it allows me to save the audio, creates an audio sub-folder in the assets folder, and I can see the the .mp3 file.

So it appears our antivirus software feels threatened by the Record button in Presenter 😜

I'll discuss with our IT folks and see if we can make the antivirus software play nice; otherwise, I'll just work in admin mode.

Thank you so much for all your diligence and patience in helping work through this Vikram!

-Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Glad to hear that!

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources