• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC crashes - Lauch/Text tool

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have upgraded my cs6 to the new cc-suite.  But indesign cc does not work properly on my iMac.  Each time I want to make a text frame or work in a text frame in a old ID-file indesign cc crashes.  I have some urgent deadlines from different tasks that need to be finished. HELP.  Thanks in advance for an answer please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Hi everyone,

Again, we apologies for all the inconveniences and frustration.

Until an update to the application is made directly available, we have created the following plug-ins to help resolve the crash issue.

Please follow the instruction below to download and install the plug-in.

http://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-cc-crashing-launch.html

Mac OS:

1. Download CopyPlugins_Mac.zip
  2. Extract the contents of the zip to a folder
  3. Launch the app
  4. Select the “Adobe InDesign CC.app” or “Adobe InCopy CC.ap

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved the discussion to InDesign Forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2013 Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried downloading the copyplugin for Mac in both Firefox and Safari, both tell me it is corrupt. I have even uninstalled the program and re-installed it. It is not working. Help! I am on a Mac using Mavericks OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update to 9.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, and I finally got the plugin installed, now when I go to open the program it tells me

Cannot load Adobe InDesign CC because it requires version 9.1 or later of the Font Manager.InDesignPlugin plug-in. Please contact vendor for compatible version of Font Manager.InDesignPlugin.

So I downloaded a trial version of Extensis- Suitcase fusion and installed it and it still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that's an Adobe plugin, not something from Extensis, which implies that your install is damaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked all over adobe for the plugin and found nothing- what do I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that yesterday and it did not work and so that is what started me looking for the plugin- so what do I do once I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it still doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or can I just uninstall Suitcase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would definitely try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay so now this is the error message I get

Cannot load Adobe InDesign CC because it requires version 9.1 or later of the Font Manager.InDesignPlugin plug-in. Please contact vendor for compatible version of Font Manager.InDesignPlugin.

btw, this is the version of Indesign I have 9.1.0.33

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My inclination would be to uninstall all of CC, run the cleaner tool (CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3),

restart the Mac holding downthe Shift key to stop extensions from loading, then reinstall first the Desktop Application, then let it reinstall the other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not what I was hoping to hear. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work. Have uninstalled Creative Cloud and Indesign CC and did the cloud cleaner. Re installed both programs and still Indesign does not open fully. I get a menu bar across the top. I try to start a new document or open and old one and it crashes. Now what??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if the installer is currently at 9.0 or 9.1, so be sure you are running 9.1 (update if necessary). And did you uninstall Suitcase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I uninstalled Suitcase. This is the version of InDesign I installed yesterday 9.1.0.33

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a crash report? If so, maybe it will give us a clue. Please post it on Pastebin.com and put a link to it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to do that sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where you find the crash reports (I'm a windows user, and se don't get useful reports), but once you find it, copy to the clipboard, go to Pastebin.com, and it should be fairly self-explanatory for how to create a paste. Then copy the address of the page and post that here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, How about this?

http://pastebin.com/gqdEVMN1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recognize the crash signature, but it may have something to do with DPS. Are there updates to the DPS plugins available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know? I do not even know what DPS is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Publishing Suite..

I'm going to suggest you start a new thread over in http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup/

Mention all you've tried so far, and give them the link to the crash report. If they can't help, let me know and I'll see if I can find out more information for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay Thanks Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines