• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

15 minutes and already missing Output Module in Bridge CC!

Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As simple as the subject.. please.. bring it back!

Adobe Output Module was an essential tool in Bridge, possibly the key feature to show people why to use Bridge.

Any good news in the near future?

L.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

To add the Adobe Output Module to Bridge CC, please follow the directions here: http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/install-output-module-bridge-cc.html

We have repaired and updated the files to correct an issue where the panel would appear blank if you did not have Bridge CS6 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 102 Replies 102
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/whats-new.html

Basically, you now use Photoshop or Lightroom instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, you now use Photoshop or Lightroom instead.

I'm sorry but this is really one of the most unhelpful answer I ever read.

You mean, they screwed up Bridge by dumping the Output Module (and export panel and synchronized windows) and now we should be satisfied with the very old and obsolete Contactsheet script from about 10 years old without offering the options available that we were used to in AOM??

But he, never mind Bridge, forget about it, switch to Lightroom…

You really must be joking and should be ashamed of your self. The fact that you have the title of MVP and +++ does not mean you have the right to tell people to drop Bridge. You clearly have no insight in the dedication users in this forum have to Bridge as unmissable part of their workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omke Oudeman wrote:

I'm sorry but this is really one of the most unhelpful answer I ever read.

Dave answers posts in the Forum section frequently.  I have commented that he is out of touch with the users needs and has a hard line support for Adobe's current position.  He denies this.  His statement today reinforces that opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

His statement today reinforces that opinion.

Thanks, it was a bit unusual for me to respond this way but his answer to a very legitimate statement of the OP really made me very, very mad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in my previous reply indicates whether or not I agree with the changes made in Bridge CC. I'm repeating what the documentation says, hence the link. Bridge used to be a repository for tools that didn't have anywhere else to go, but those features are being actively migrated out to the main applications and it's reverting to the original intention of a lightweight file browser and XMP editor.

If you don't like Adobe's policy on this matter, http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! I've never seen that URL before (I always assumed we used the feedback website). I wonder if there's another similar URL for people not subscribing to CC, where the subdirectory begins with an F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in my previous reply indicates whether or not I agree with the changes made in Bridge CC.

Also nothing that you disagree

Bridge used to be a repository for tools that didn't have anywhere else to go, but those features are being actively migrated out to the main applications and it's reverting to the original intention of a lightweight file browser and XMP editor.

No, Bridge always was meant to be the 'central station' for the complete Suite, the fact each department at Adobe has its own rules, wishes and ideas (read, not able to work together properly despite the ongoing effort of PM's like John Nack and Tom Hogarty to turn the tide) has stopped its development, lack of resources did the rest despite also great efforts of a small team in China trying to make the best out of it.

The China team also put a lot of effort in the transition to 64 bit but without proper resources they missed the opportunity to add needed improvement and repairing bugs.

Now Adobe decided that due to these bugs (asked for, begged for to repair) it was easier to delete the complete features instead of repairing. Also HiDPI support was a reason to dump it. I have no objection at all to extra support for future hardware, fact is that the vast majority of users does not have such a screen and it will take years before everyone owns such technology.

So yes, make AOM optional so users can decided themselves if they prefer HiDPI support on their HiDPI screens without AOM or with AOM that does not show HiDPI.

There have been timeless requests to improve AOM and Bridge, having forum posts like yours with links to dull statements of the company itself does not help at all, strong protest does.

And you should know yourself that an old script that was abandoned in CS4 (read, replaced by the AOM) and due to some strong yelling of wrong people brought back this very simple script. They hired the original writer (X-Bytor) to make it again available for CS6.

Until AOM appeared in CS4 I was pleased with the contact sheet II script and X-Bytor really had made something useful for that time period. Yet instead of hire the mans talent to make more out of AOM they only let him rewrite an old script.

It can only produce separate pages that need to be saved after ready, not to mention the effort it takes to create a multi-paged document out of it. As said, at its time great but that was 10 years ago, we got a bit further in technology…

Pointing to LR is not useful, the great thing about Bridge (at least that was the goal) that all files used in the Master Suite where readable and visible. Due to different teams and in my opinion unwilling people this still has not been achieved.

LR is a tool for photographers, not for designers, moviemakers etc etc. Repeating such useless company statements that completely denies the existence of other users then photographers for Bridge is not only pointless but also not very wise (to put it mildly)

Bridge still can be the vital key of the Suite, but if people like you keep denying this and put it away as some simple tool for left overs because clearly you don't see the power of the tool itself.

Already many people made Bridge CS6 key of their workflow, LR is not only a very different animal, it simply can't do what Bridge in its previous state (CS6) is capable of.

Just try to imagine what power Bridge already could have if just all product managers at Adobe had their minds set to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, importing images in Lr in order to make an HTML gallery is somewhat far out of the graphic design and pre-press users mind and of course there's no support for vector files.

And Ps Contact Sheet just opens multiple pages of your contact sheet and gives no way to direct-output to a multi-page PDF, you need to make a PDF presentation after that - if you can cope with memory issues. Bridge workflow was totally another planet in terms of efficiency, that is why we showed that during training. Anyway I'm reading a separate download option is probably on the way... I recognize the module itself needed some kind of refresh and update after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any good news in the near future?

Here is a copy of part of the article Lesa Snider wrote on MacWorld.com, it sure gives hope for the future:

Adobe Bridge CC

Bridge CC is now a separate installation from Photoshop CC, making it even less discoverable than before (and you must install it to get the Mini Bridge panel in Photoshop). Also, in order to optimize Bridge CC for “…modern operating systems and display resolutions,” Adobe unfortunately removed some useful, relatively new features. The most glaring omission is the Adobe Output Module (AOM) for creating Web galleries and PDFs. And if you go searching for the Export panel—useful in converting multiple images from one format to another and quickly posting images on Flickr and Facebook—you won’t find it, either. Also missing is the New Synchronized Window command, which let you have two instances of Bridge open at the same time.

Will any of these omitted features return in future versions? Only time will tell, though Adobe says its team is working on a separate, downloadable output solution. While it’s understandable for Adobe to focus its efforts on paid products, that’s no excuse for the emasculation of Bridge. If your current workflow depends on the AOM, keep using Bridge CS6. But if you’re new to the program or have never used those features, you won’t miss them, and you’ll be pleasantly pleased by the zippier performance of Bridge CC.

Here is the link for the complete review:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2041626/review-photoshop-cc-struts-its-actions-filters-and-enlargements-but-leaves-bridge-in-limbo.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I was reading the very same article. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not responding with anything useful, just agreeing with your rant, installed CC this afternoon and discovered the Output module gone, probably the main thing I use bridge for.

I don't want to use Photoshop or Lightroom or other raster related products to output my mixed vector and raster files for PDF contact sheets.

Can we PLEASE have it back?

I've sold my soul to Adobe, please don't make me regret it on the first day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I miss this too, but I just leave Bridge CS6 on my computer. So I have Bridge CC for High DPI support and Bridge CS6 when I need to create PDF contact sheets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea. I have not yet uninstalled it. But it's ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/whats-new.html#community

This is a joke. They gutted this software and called it an "Upgrade". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hami1car wrote:

http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/whats-new.html#community

This is a joke. They gutted this software and called it an "Upgrade". 

Did they even fix the repeat extraction bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more. It was the simplest and most powerful way to construct a pdf of images that I could find. I missed it within 5 mins - it was the first things I checked!!@!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed it within 5 mins - it was the first things I checked!!@!!!

Stay tuned, they are working on it as it seems, see this link and read the bottom lines

http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/pdf-presentation-web-gallery-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Bridge team is working on providing a separate, downloadable solution to reinstate the output functionality after Bridge CC is available."

I wonder how many people are in the "team".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also be great to know if after means 'after 1 week' or '6 months'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, good news. Do you know how long the 'working on it' normally takes? I wonder if it is worth me creating another method in, say, In Design or waiting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've been working on a fix for the repeat extraction bug since December 2011.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've been working on a fix for the repeat extraction bug since December 2011.

I'll understand the sarcasm…

Also be great to know if after means 'after 1 week' or '6 months'.

If I had to bet I would put my money on 1 week and certainly not 6 months, the Bridge team is a small team, yet filled with very dedicated people!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose it depends on their 'to do' list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines