Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CC has stopped working

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following error when I try to run Adobe Premiere Pro CC:

AdobePremiereProCC-StoppedWorking.png

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 still works well.  The other CC software I tried also work well (Photoshop, After Effects, Audition, etc)

I tried running it from the start menu or from the .exe

I tried running it normally or as an administrator

I tried updating my ATI video card driver, and quicktime just in case, didn't change anything.

I tried uninstalling it, rebooting, reinstalling it, rebooting, and it still doesn't work.

Here's the details:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version:    7.0.0.342

Application Timestamp:    5176598d

Fault Module Name:    StackHash_bd21

Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.17725

Fault Module Timestamp:    4ec4aa8e

Exception Code:    c0000374

Exception Offset:    00000000000c40f2

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    bd21

Additional Information 2:    bd21f5c92378aee156f149a6ba7e9ffe

Additional Information 3:    e8df

Additional Information 4:    e8df4a89e00e0b1300dafab9669ace56

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Did you try the 13.06 driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with mine. It was solved by running the software in windows 7 compatibility mode. After that it started up and ran fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi studiojpic,

Although it's for Photoshop, you also might try what is suggested in this knowledge base doc: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/cc-applications-crash-immediately-launch.html

Let us know if that works for you. If not, I'll do my best to get to the bottom of this.

I really like your videos, by the way!

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply both of you.  I tried by signing off from CC first, and it didn't work.  I gave the Windows 7 compatibility mode a try, and it also didn't work.

And thanks for the comment about the videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling the ATI driver and see if you can launch with the built in VGA driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,  I don't know if that's good news or bad news, but I uninstalled the vid card driver and now it works.  Do you have a 2nd step to hopefully get both the driver + premiere to work at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the 13.06 driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea Harm, I tend to stay away from beta drivers, but the following bullet of the release notes is convincing me to give it a try:

Includes AMD GPU & AMD APU OpenCL 1.2 acceleration in Adobe Premiere PRO CC.

I'll give it a try and post the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know how that beta driver works. We're watching this one closely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished installing it, and now everything works well.  Thank you everyone for your help!  If anyone else gets this error and is using an AMD (ATI) vid card, I recommend you try the beta driver until AMD releases it fully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update!
For anyone else experiencing this issue, here's the link to the beta driver:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-6WINBetaDriver.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking for the 13.06 driver or working one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps, I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with SP 1, with an i7 940 CPU, 16GB RAM, and an ATI 6870 vid card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kevin, this fixed my problem, which I've been trying to sort out all day as you can see below. One thing to add that your link doesn't explain is that the "Sign out from creative cloud" button in the cloud app is greyed out until you close out your browser (if you are logged in to Adobe). As soon as I closed the browser the button became active and I could log out. Below is the description of the problem I had before.

I've installed After Effects CC, Audition CC, Prelude CC, and Media Encoder CC and they all work fine. Premiere Pro CC crashes at the launch screen. I've now installed it twice to no avail. It's a bummer because that's the only program I really planned to use this week. Premiere Pro CS6 is working fine.I'm not getting the same error message though, I get "Adobe Premiere Pro CC has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem." I dream of error codes, this error message doesn't help at all.

Windows 7, 64 bit

ASUS Zenbook

10GB Ram

Intel Core i7

GeForce GT 620M Graphics

(EDIT) I've updated my graphics driver, checked that I'm running on "High Performance", restarted my computer twice, and reinstalled a third time and that didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This advice worked for me, but I have to say what an absolutely terrible user experience. An application this mature, just crashing without reason. Note nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suffering from the same problem, but with a nVidia GT 650M. Therefore the solution for the amd drivers cant work for me. I've tried reinstalling and resigning into cloud. I've tried compatibility mode for windows 7 and running as admin. Nothing is working so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try uninstalling the nvidia driver completely and launching in VGA? That would at least narrow down whether the root cause has anything to do with your graphics hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Chad. My problem was just fixed. (at least for now) I found out that my premiere was running under Win 7 compatibility mode. I think that must have been why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out its not completely solved. Now I still get the "has stopped working" message pretty much every time I start premiere. However, sometimes - rare as that is - it doesnt crash and I was able to work on it for as long as I wanted. As soon as I exit and app and tried to launch it again, it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here Mad Eden, first I had trouble with it crashing during load up. Then that was solved by signing in and out of thecloud. Now it keeps crashing but it happens after about 30-45 seconds of using the program. It worked once though just fine for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same situation. I also talked to my network administrator and they agreed to put me on bypass so no network restrictions on me. But it still happened. Also I tried it in offline mode and it still had the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its fixed now... hard to have faith after last time. I had previously updated my graphics card (Geforce 620) but that didnt work so I tried I updating the driver on my Intel Processor (i7) and that seems to have done the trick. I used PP CC all day yesterday with now crashing.

I dont know if you have an Intel chip but here is the update website:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my savior! thank you so much findwill. That fixed the problem as least for now. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks findwill.  My Premiere Pro CC was not opening and per your suggestion and link I made some updates and now it's working just fine.  I thought it would solve the problem with InDesign too, but I still can't get that program to open.  I'm getting the Adobe InDesign CC has stopped working message before the program even launches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! This fixed the problem!! You are da best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines