• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best way to include video in RoboHelp?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Camtasia to create videos.  I can link to mp4 videos from RoboHelp but then the video replaces the content in the help screen.   I tried updating the HTML to embed a Flash version of the video within the help content.  This worked initially but every time the project is republished, the videos break. I need to be able to include multiple videos on one page.  Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What version of RoboHelp are you using? (4, 5, 10?)

What RoboFlavor? (RoboHelp HTML or RoboHelp for Word)

If the videos need to be on the same page, you could insert them into an Inline Frame (IFRAME). Basically an IFRAME is a small window that presents another HTML page. That HTML page can host the video.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply.  We're using RoboHelp 10, HTML.  We tried updating the HTML in the RoboHelp project to include code for the iFRAME but if we put more than one video on the page the videos don't work.  Not sure how to get around this.  Also, we tried including an object tag in the HTML.  This seemed to work for multiple videos but every time we re-published the project in RoboHelp, RoboHelp updates the code we had added.  We are trying to keep our videos stored on a server so that they weren't saved with the project itself but given that we can't seem to get this working, I'm not sure what the best option is.  Any additional insight you can provide is appreciated.  Thanks.

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp