• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stage3D perspectives

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few questions about perspectives of usgae Stage3D-accelerated frameworks, like Away3D. At this moment our team choosing a platform for developing a new crossplatform game project. There are many good things in Flash, that attract our attention:

- free IDEs, like FlashDevelop

- NativeExtensions for AIR

- A variety of supported network protocols

- It is preinstalled in most known desktop web-browsers

- Really huge community

But, there are things that forced us to look on the Unity3D. First of them is AGAL. Really, guys? ASM-like shaders in 2013? Why are you doing this? For better support of multiple APIs(DirectX and OpenGL)? OpenGL is well-supported on Win platform, so you can do not worry about it. There is no clip planes support...did you tried to implement a water plane reflections using stencil clipping(it is possible, but very bad for performance)? There is no Pixel Buffer support or something like this, to implement R2VB technique. There is no MRT support(yes, i've heared that you promissed to implment this feature).

Assuming the fact of making Unity3D basic mobile adddons free, teams like our may reconsider their plans about implementing something on Stage3D.

So I want to ask: what are the perspectives of Stage3D? Are there any published roadmaps about what you want to do with Stage3D in near future?

P.S. Sorry for my English, i've wrote this using Google Translate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.  I will share it with our product managers. 

I know that the product management team is working hard on an updated roadmap at the moment.  It's probably going to be a few weeks before anything is published.

Thanks,

Jeromie Clark

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.  I will share it with our product managers. 

I know that the product management team is working hard on an updated roadmap at the moment.  It's probably going to be a few weeks before anything is published.

Thanks,

Jeromie Clark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for such a quick answer, I'll be waiting for any updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree on AGAL .. it's major step back, and so unpleasent to implement any more complex shaders.

Regarding water reflection plane clipping - use Oblique clipping technique, which works on all hardware and works greatly for planar reflections / refractions, I used it for water rendering few times. http://www.terathon.com/code/oblique.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Martin. This math looks not very complicated...what a shame for me, I even didn't thought about such solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines