• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topaz Labs plugins don't showup in Photoshop CC

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topaz labs plugins don't appear in Photoshop CC, not even after re-installing and restarting Photoshop AND there is no setting for additional plugins in the preferences menu option. Help, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED !!! Merely a matter of copying the links to the Topaz Labs plugin from where they worked in PS CS6

c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64bit)\Plug-ins

to the new folder for Photoshop CC

c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64bit)\plug-ins

Then restart PS CC and everything shows up and works !!!

Evidently the TopazLabs installer does not create the links in the new PS CC folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  So many years later after your original post, I finally bit the bullet and went from my olf friend CS5 to CC when CS5 couldnt process Canon CR3.  I use Topaz Plug-ins and couldn't figure out how to get them to CC.  You are a life-saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are exited out of CC when you redownload the Topaz software from topazlabs.com/downloads. They should then install to the filter menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not re-download them as I have everything I buy online backed up; but I did re-install them to the same folders and got NO JOY.

It was not until I copied the links to the Topaz plugins from CS6 to the correct folder in CC that I had functional plugins.

Thanks for the reply... I have my problem solved and perhaps your solution will benefit someone else in the next few weeks.

For certain there will be more people with missing plugins searching for answers.

About 30 minutes ago I received an email from Topaz Labs helpdesk with virtually the same verbage as my post above being their solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was exactly my experience too.  CC saw the filters if you copied their CS6 shortcut in the 64bit Plugins folder to the Plugins folder in CC, but the shortcut was NOT installed when I went throught the installation process.  The installation process put the filters in CS6 but not CC.  I had a similar problem and solution with Vuescan (which had refused to turn up under Import in CC) and the Photozoom Pro software (which had refused to turn up in the Automate menu).  At least there are workarounds...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For any of you guys who are having problems with plug-ins not showing up in PhotoshopCC, I figured out a solution - at least for Windows 7 users!

Try running PSCC with the plug-ins installed. You should get nothing.

Now close PSCC and open BridgeCC.

Open an image in Bridge and send it to PSCC.

See if you now have the plug-ins showing.....I do!

Now, if you've already pinned PSCC to your taskbar, delete that one.

Right click on the PSCC that is open with the plug-ins showing and pin that one to the taskbar.

That should fix the problem......................for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Topaz Labs

For Windows users:

1. Exit out of all Photoshop applications

2. Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64bit)\Plug-ins

3. In another window open up C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64bit)\plug-ins

4. Drag/copy the Topaz shortcuts (eg. topazdenoise5_x64) to the CC Plug-Ins folder

5. Re-open Photoshop CC and your Topaz Labs filters should be in the filter menu.

See here for a video on how to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0a4_WfV8Ng

*If using 32-bit CC, copy the plugin shortcuts from the 32-bit Plug-ins folder to 32-bit CC Plug-ins folder. The 32-bit CC is in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC\

**If you do not have a previous version of PS installed, you will need to re-download the plug-ins from topazlabs.com/downloads (be sure you are exited out of PS during the installation process).

***An alternative option:

1. Close PSCC and open BridgeCC.

2. Open an image in Bridge and send it to PSCC.

3. See if you now have the plug-ins showing...

4. If you've already pinned PSCC to your taskbar, delete that one.

5. Right click on the PSCC that is open with the plug-ins showing and pin that one to the taskbar.

For Mac users:

1. Exit out of all Photoshop applications

2. Redownload the plug-ins from topazlabs.com/downloads

3. After installation open PS and the Topaz plug-ins should be located in your filter menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For mac users, it does NOT show up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - Mac OS Big Sur does not recognize Topaz. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a seven year old thread - please start a new thread.

(Regarding the compatibility of Topaz plugins, it's probably best to check with Topaz.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines