• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC won't start!

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed and uninstalled several times, keep getting the same errors. Mac Pro Running up to date Mountain Lion.

AftereffectsCC error 1 copy.jpg

AftereffectsCC error 2 copy.jpg

AftereffectsCC error 3 copy.jpg

Any help to solve this would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get any error message when you installed the After effect CC ?

What is your Operating system ?

Do you have any previous version of the After effects present on the machine ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac os 10.8.4

No errors on install

I currently have After Effects CS6 already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same error with my after effects cc :

"After Effects error: CT bad param: TrueType or CFF font expected (83 :: 2)"

I click on "ok", then :

"After Effects warning: Unknown Exception"

I click on "ok" again, then :

"After Effects can't continue: unexpected failure during application startup"

And then it crashes brutally.

I'm working on mac os x 10.7.5

I have CS5 and 6 already installed on my computer.

Does anybody knows a way around this ?

I tried to locate the preference file and trash it, such as suggested on other forums.

But I didn't find one in the directory suggested (library/preferences/adobe/adobe after effects).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I am hving the same issue. I am running Windows 7 64. The only program that will open is Premiere Pro CS6. I am currently uninstalling all CS6 software, will reboot and reinstall CC software and let you know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was beginning to think I was the only one...

The preference thing is going to be a dead end as it never gets far enough in it's startup process to create a preference file.

It'll be interesting to see if it's due to having previous versions installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get any actual information about this issue? I have the same problem with after effetcs cc. Found some old post on creative cow calling out the same problem with "ct bad param": http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/901222 . It seems to be connected to certain fonts on your computer, which cannot be interpreted by after effcts. But I did not solve this problem yet (to find the right font and deinstall it is no good workaround, cause there are too many possibilities), so hope to get help soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstalling all previous versions of Adobe software (CS6 and CC), I reinstalled AE CC and it works. I also reinstalled Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, ect. But now other my other CC apps will not open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is, that I cannot just simply uninstall all my cs6 apps, cause i am actual using a ton of 3.party plugins (eg in ae) and working on a project which has a realy narrow timeline. And if any of of the creative cloud apps will not work after uninstalling the cs6 ones - i am lost. there hast to be another solution. By the way - the online chat help of adobe is making me realy angry. You have to wait for hours and there is still no free operator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Jeff A Wright, that is what I will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so everything worked earlier, now nothing works. None of the apps will open. Grrrr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround you could use a font manager to disable all fonts except system fonts and see if this works. Then it could be a process of re-installing any corrupt fonts or duplicate fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem on 2 devices:

- Macbook Pro 17" (2010) Mac OS 10.7.5 (my device)

- Macbook Pro 17" (2010) Mac OS 10.7.5 (device from my teammate)

On my Macbook AIR with Mac OS 10.8.4 After Effects CC is running fine.

Before we had installed After Effects CS6 on each device.

On every device nearly the same fonts are installed.

It seems to be maybe an Mac OS 10.7.x related problem?

During the "error" alerts an Adobe popup appeared sometime,

which said a crash-log will be generated (not the default Apple crash dialoge).

Can somebody tell me where I can found this crashlog, so I can post it here to bring a little more light into the darkness?

The dailoge said the crash log will be generated by:

/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Common/dynamiclink/7.0/dynamiclinkmanager.app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got things working late last night! It took some digging through font book but apparently I had a few corrupted fonts after all (found using the validate tool) and once they were removed, everything worked fine. By the way, I'm running OS X 10.8.4 on a late 2012 macbook pro. 

Dashart, I think most logs can be found in one of the Library/logs folders, or in your application install location. Hope that helps you out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you remove the "red" marked ones or also the "yellow" marked fonts? In my case only removing the realy "red" ones did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah ...

I had around 32 corrupt fonts and some duplicates.

I removed the corrupt fonts and fixed the duplicates ... now After Effects is running.

Thanks to my clients which provided me defect fonts ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved for me, what is was I have a postscript font version of Arial (Arial MT) installed, as soon as I deactivated that in fontbook, After Effects CC loaded, the problem stems from bad font naming the system TrueType Arial regular has exactly the same font description of Arial MT regular, so although font book doesn't see and flag them as duplicates (due to them being different types of font), other badly coded software doesn't recognise the difference and they clash, hence why it was saying at the forst warning TrueType or CFF font expected.

This is a definite bug as before CS6 worked fine with Arial MT loaded, shocking that it won't load because of a font, do they not test these things before release?

Anyway I hope this solves the problem for you guys and gals as it did for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did have to remove both; thankfully there weren't a ton but I, like dashart below me, seem to have gotten some bum fonts from clients.

Hopefully this is a bug in AE that can get worked out by the team; I'd hate to have a font come in for a gig and then install it only to then see AE crash without opening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

My attempts in installing after effects cc were finally successful :

I'm working on a 17" IMac, osx 10.7.5

1. First, I tried to install Mountain Lion instead of Lion (osx 10.8.4)

> Did not do anything

2. Second, uninstall creatives suits (cs5, cs5.5, cs6 and cc) and reinstall after effects cc

> Did not do anything

3. Third, I looked in the font book for corrupted or duplicate fonts (you can scan and disable the suspicious yellow and red marked fonts)

> At this moment, opening after effects resulted in the error message : After effects warning: Unable to load font "^o" "verdana"

4. Fourth, I reactivated the Verdana font family in the Font book application

> It worked, After effects cc is now up and running !

I hope it may help a few people !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply reactivating Verdana in Font Book (or in my case,  adding it back to Font Book after it got moved when installing Suitcase) solved my AE CC launch problem. Hooray. Thanks everyone for all the tips - that's the one that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried booting as another user? I called Adobe and did the whole Tech Support call. They had me login as root, and every app worked (previously only Bridge worked and I kept having the dynamiclinkmanager crash). As soon as they saw that they worked, they said I had conflict in my user and they would not help me and I should call Apple!

Since Disk Utility only repairs your system, i decided to try the recovery partition. http://pondini.org/OSX/Password.html you want to reset your home folder permission and ACL through the lost password utility. After doing this everything seems to work (though photoshop has ome weirdness trying to import my old prefs). Hopefully this will solve te issues you are having.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have not tried an other user, every time I communicate with the Adobe support, this is the first step I should do.

If it works with an other user Adobe only says ... clear your profile or call Apple ...

Since CS5.5 every CS of Adobe has minimum one hard bug, which stops the start of the nearly minimum one app (last time it was Audition) ... so I am asking me where is the QM?

Next point, what Adobe is doing in under Library/Application Preferences/Adobe ... holly shit I really never saw a preferences directory which is so heavy messed up.

But back to the main problem:

As UndeadHead mentioned THIS IS DEFINITLY A BUG.

After Effects is not able to catch the case if one of the loaded fonts is not TTF or OTF and there is no fallback.
This for me as a developer is to 100 percent really bad coding style.

My teammate had to disable per hand up to 80 correct working fonts, until he disabled the font which After Effects tried to load as OTF / TTF and breaks the start up.

So, dear Adobe community manager here, there is enough bug details reported, file an internal bug ticket and let it fix! Because the regular support team from Adobe will not track this is a bug -.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the no help with conflicts in your user folder is beyond frustrating.

I have had font conlicts in the past, but don't seem to have the issue while running extensis suitcase.

And I was having different weirdness with literally every app execpt bridge, but resetting the permissions of my home folder did help that.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem! It's really frustrating... I don't have any font conflicts in fontbook but that's what the crash seems to be stemming from

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far ive had the apps working and just quit and then they will not open up again. i reboot and still nothing.

So i unistalled everything and then I rebooted. Then I re-installed all my CS6 apps and applied all the updates, rebooted, and then I ran every app to make sure they worked. Rebooted again and then I installed Ps CC and Pr CC. Both are working so far. I'll re-install Ae CC tomorrow and update if everything is working. This is so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines