• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run/Debug on a device with Flash Builder 4.7 on OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and iOS7

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble launching my Actionscript Mobile Project on a device which has iOS7 installed. It recieved this error.

Error occurred while installing the application:

Invalid <device> specified

I can still deploy to my other device with iOS6, I'm running FB4.7 and OSX 10.9. Has anyone else seen this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Hey ghelton,

This may or may not help your cause but I can safely say that I have the same setup you've mentioned and can deploy to iPad Mini 6.1 and iPhone 5 7.0 without any issues after rolling back my Java version to 1.6.

Have you got the latest iTunes installed so that you can view your iOS 7 device in it without any issues?

If you have Xcode, can you see your device in the Organiser and if so, it's not greyed out?

Have you allowed System Events in the Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accesssibili

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ghelton,

This may or may not help your cause but I can safely say that I have the same setup you've mentioned and can deploy to iPad Mini 6.1 and iPhone 5 7.0 without any issues after rolling back my Java version to 1.6.

Have you got the latest iTunes installed so that you can view your iOS 7 device in it without any issues?

If you have Xcode, can you see your device in the Organiser and if so, it's not greyed out?

Have you allowed System Events in the Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accesssibility section in System Preferences?

Hope that helps,

O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ollie, I think it was the Accessibility change that fixed it for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem glad that worked for you, could you mark that reply as the answer?

For anyone else reading this, if you encounter any problems at all when attempting to debug to an external device via Flash Builder or Flash Pro on OS X 10.9 you will need to enable System Events.

Prior to 10.9, so in mountain lion and below, was an feature called assistive devices. This option in 10.9 has been removed, there is a new feature that contains the ability to enable assistive devices but has un-helpfully been place in Accessibility and renamed to System Events.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I spoke too soon, I went through all the steps above and I'm still getting both the error above and this one:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

Adobe Flash Builder 4.7(79588,0x11b101000) malloc: *** error for object 0x61000044a5c0: Heap corruption detected, free list canary is damaged

*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm that doesn't sound good at all. Sounds like there is something up with your Java if the heap is being corrupted, just from the first looks of that error message.

Just a thought, have a go at increasing your XMX if you havent already.

Applications > Flash Builder 4.7 > Flash Builder 4.7.app > Contents > MacOS > AdobeFlashBuilder.ini

Change the xmx to something higher but within reason, I've had mine set at 2048 for about 6 months without any heap errors.

---

Other than that I would suggest that everything needs a clean. During my installation of Mavericks I had to re-install Flash Builder because it wouldn't start. While your at it see if you can give the Java installation a clean too.

O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I went through the process of uninstalling java and Flash Builder and reinstalling. In the last day or so Apple also released the 4th version of Java 1.6. I'm no longer getting the issues mentioned above, however when I go to install the game both of the following happen.

Fast build to device: It finishes the build process and looks like it exectued succesfully, but the app is never installed to the device.

Standard build to device: Just continues forever, I left it for at least 30mins and it never finished building.

For now, I'm only able to deploy with a release build uploaded to testflight. Thankfully I can still develo using the simulators...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this is the ulitmate price for using BETA software, the only thing I can think of now is that your System Events option has been turned off somehow. Hopefully with the public versions of 3.8, iOS 7 and Mavericks these issues will be sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very true, thanks for all the help so far. I'll update if I find any new info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys.

Just saw that with Fast Build on device in Flash Builder 4.7 the app builds at the first time. But if i pause/resign the app and then activate it again the app does not trace anything to the output of FB 4.7. I'm using 3.8 AIR. And IOS 7 for Iphone 5.

I saw also that if i recompile it again in fast build it will lose the device... (the can't find device error/alert) or the app will not install inside IOS7.

But if i try to compile install the app in Standard mode then everything is good.

Any solutions for fast build?

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange one edu...im not typing that whole name 😃

I haven't come across this issue before, are you on Mavericks?

For what it's worth I'm using FB4.7, AIR 3.9 beta, iOS 7 iPhone5/iPad Mini, Mountain Lion...everything is a clean install and I can do what you're trying to do without the console diconnecting.

All I can personally say is that, I was having weird issues with iOS7 and also with Mavericks. So i wiped the machine, wiped the devices, installed java1.6, FB and AIR then everything worked a dream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The same issue is with me. But I am having Windows 7 OS and Adobe Flash Builder 4.7.

Please help for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am getting same error  in windows machine. does any one know solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue today on my Windows 7 machine. Been developing for iOS for 2 years and I've never had this issue before I upgraded to iOS 7. I seem to have resolved it, but I'm not sure exactly what did it. Here's the steps I took:

1) Open iTunes and make sure you update to the latest version

2) In the apps section of your library (not the device you have plugged in), drop in your ipa file.

3) On the device app screen, click "Install" next to the app you just dropped in.

4) Sync so the app gets installed on your device.

At this point my app opened just fine. I then did a standard build debug through FB and it installed on my phone just fine as well. I then tried a fast build and it was all working again. I think, for whatever reason, the app needed to be on my device before it would install through FB. Hope this works for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for deatils Steps. I followed Steps , but still have  issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem repeatedly in the last week or so and those steps fixed it for me. Try unplugging your device, deleting the app, restarting flash builder, plugging your device back in, then following those steps again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the same error and couldn't install from Flash Builder to iPad or debug on the iPad, using OS 10.8. adt showed the iPad connected. What seems to have fixed the problem is opening XCode (5) and selecting the iPad in Window/Organizer/Devices. If I keep XCode open in the background Flash Builder will install/uninstall apps and the debugger now connects to the running app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disconnected the device, tested. No device found. Connected. Refreshed the list: device found. But still no debug, just like described above.

However: a simple restart of Flash Builder resolved the connection issues twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I know this is an old post, but I fell here having this same problem for some weeks now, and i just figured my issue. Hope it help others:

My iPhone is connecting automatically with my itunes on computer. Not really sure what type of connection or wireless sync, but the fact is that it IS connecting.

For some weird reason it gets Flash Builder crazy and it cannot find the right device anymore. Even when I get my iPhone connected by cable, it says that it found the device, but doesn`t publish to it. The Flash Builder says that it was published, but nothing gets installed, and the debugger cannot connect.

MY SOLUTION (for now): Turn off the phone wi-fi, so it gets out of my home network. works like a charm and I finally can test on my device again.

Really hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off the iOS device wifi worked for me too. Very strange bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally gave up on Flash/AIR development, which solved all my Flash Builder, Air for iOS and native extension problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines