• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet Explorer - Adobe Install popup when Flash Player already installed.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm testing my wed site developed in Flash CS6 with Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer on Mac and PC systems. When I use Internet explorer it (Flash player installer) asks me to Install Flash Player even though Flash Player is already installed on the PC. Is there a publishing setting somewhere in Flash that I'm missing that tells browsers ("Explorer") to use the Existing Flash Player? I'm currently publishing with the setting "use Flash Player 10.3 and above". Thank you for your help.

I have the latest Flash player installed as of yesterday. And it still happens.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum. It was suggested  in Flash Web Design forum that I try the flash player forum. So, any help to get this working without a Flash Player installation request is greaty appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the response. These threads address Flash player not enabled or content not viewable. I can view any Flash site on the Web including my own (that is, the one I'm working on).

The issue is that when I view my site I get an Adobe Flash Player Install Popup window, that asks me to install Flash Player 11.7. If I quit this popup without installing I see my site. If I install Flash Player the Installer completes the installation just fine then I see my site.

However, If I then either refresh the site or Open the site (page) again in anpther Internet Explorer (I'm running Explorer 8) window I get the Flash Player Installation Popup again.

My client sees the same phenomenon.

Here is a link to the home page I'm working on.

http://www.islandanimationstudio.com/AHATest/TestD2b/indexD2eR2b.html

It's only graphics and a few buttons at this point. No action script yet.

I've just tried publishing the site (Flash Publishing Settings)  for Flash Player 11.1 and above. I get the same result.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try the workarround provided in the below forum thread

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4323109#4323109

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for this. I tried it. Unfortunately, it did not solve my issue. The description of the issue is similar in that the Flash Installer appears each time I enter the site (using Internet Explorer), but I'm always able to see my content as apposed to the Blank Screen showing in the thread.

I'm continuing to try different combinations of publish settings for Flash. Perhaps this is not the issue, but it's the only thing I can do at the moment. Perhaps I'll stumble over a solution.

This issue is a show stopper for my client. If all the people out there running Internet Explorer experience this issue then the web site I'm creating is useless.

Any and all other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of that installer pop-up you are seeing?  I am not quite sure what you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Thank for you response. I've resolved this. See http://forums.adobe.com/message/5437719#5437719

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines