• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Adobe Application Manager fails to install...

Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Adobe CC (I'm a current CS6 Production Premium owner) and login in with my Adobe ID, attempted to download Adobe Photoshop CC and got the following error:

Adobe Application Manager

We've encountered the following issues:

Adobe Application Manager failed to install.

My system is Windows7 64bit.  I looked thru my Windows7 event logs and NO errors are being shown.

I've attempted to contact "live chat support" but I appear to be on infinite "hold" with estimated wait that goes from 23 minutes to 22 minutes to 23 mintues to 22 minutes (has been doing this for 50 minutes now) -- I guess A LOT of people are having problems with CC.

I gotta say, my "introduction" to Adobe Creative Cloud has definitely NOT been a good one.  If I can't get a solution soon, I'll just get a refund on my CC Subscription and look for alternate "creative" software.  Not a happy customer.  I suspected this CC subscription approach was going to be problematic, and it is!

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Hi robains,

I am really sorry to hear that you are facing issue with Adobe Application Manager Installation.

Could you please download and install AAM(CC) from this Link

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4773&fileID=4437

Please let us know if it helps.

regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robains,

I am really sorry to hear that you are facing issue with Adobe Application Manager Installation.

Could you please download and install AAM(CC) from this Link

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4773&fileID=4437

Please let us know if it helps.

regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got thru to live support and they resolved the issue.

1.  Moved a file omp.db from AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE to desktop (it gets re-created later)

2.  Tried to install AAM again from download center, it failed

3.  Downloaded AAM to a local dir and extracted and "Run as administrator" on Setup.exe, it still failed.

4.  Went to download center on web and tried to download AAM, click download button on web site and it opens AAM and I logged in ... most bizarre

I'm not really sure how or why this worked since the install still reported at Failed even when "Run as administrator", but AAM is working now and I was able to install other CC applications using it.

I'm almost 100% certain this is a security issue with Adobe's installer, somewhere in the chain something isn't getting/requesting elevated trust so when the installer tries to proceed it's hitting an OS security violation which is preventing the install.  So you might want to take this bug back to your CC developers and let them know they've got a trust/permissions problem with their installer.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the exact same error and I have downloaded AAM as well as ACC desktop. All have the same error when installing. Also it says I am installing the AAM but there is no application on the MAC or PC even when running as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you're having issues.  Can you try these steps and let us know if this solves your issues?

1. Uninstall AAM that is currently installed

2. Clear your browser cache and browser history

3. Restart browser

4. Go to creative.adobe.com/products and try and install an app

Regards,

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TMREVO,

You can try what Lee_Ann said, but a quick search of these forums will show that the problem is a bit more widespread than one user having this issue. My guess is Adobe has to fix the update.

Lee Ann, this problem may need to be escalated. As Rob notes above, something seems off about the update/installer for the most recent App Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I'm a software engineer that uses Adobe's products to help on the graphics side of things in my projects.

I did a quick view of the source code for https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and it appears Adobe are using HTML5 ("!doctype html") which is most likely the root of their problem.  HTML5 can't obtain sufficient security context to do what Adobe are attempting to do with the cloud installation process.

HTML5 is NOT a fully ratified specification (and will not be for some years) -- I know many seem to think it's "the future", but this is yet another clear demonstration of where HTML5 fails.

Sorry Adobe, but you may want to go back to more traditional deployment/installation options that are known to work within Browser/OS security contexts.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! My other CC Team members were able to update AAM, but I can't.

I'm on a Mac, so I can't seem to find anything called omp.db on my computer as mentioned by robains (on Windows). Is there some corresponding file on the Mac that I can try to move?

Also, I don't know how to uninstall the AAM as Lee_Ann_H mentioned and it won't launch due to failing in installing the updated CC version. Do I need to use this "Adobe Cleaner Tool" that I see in another thread to get rid of AAM so that I can try a new download/install?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac OS you can find the OPM.db file in /User/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for replying.

In OS X 10.8 there is no longer a Library folder visible in [username]. There is this from the root level of the hard drive:

[hard drive]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp

I'm guessing this is not the same. Also, the PDApp is an alias folder. If you open the aliased folder, it is the Adobe Application Manager folder:

[hard drive]/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager

There are a bunch of folders and a few documents there:

Folders:  CCM, core, D6, DECore, DWA, LWA, P6, P7, UWA

Files:  PDAppFlex-app.xml, PDAppFlex.swf, pim.db

Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design the Library folder is still there just hidden.  Hold down the option key in the Finder and go to the Go Menu.  You will have an option to access your User Library from there.  The item will be titled Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, hadn't learned that about this system yet!

I moved the opm.db to my desktop, unfortunately, the updated installation of AAM still failed. 😞

I tried opening from the alias in the Applications menu and when that didn't work, I again moved the (new) opm.db and tried again by downloading Creative Cloud from the website.

No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design Proj Dev,

Send me private message your contact details.

I will contact you if you like.

Sarika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have my contact info now. Let me know if you don't.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design Proj Dev,

We dont have your conatct details but if you have any case number please share.

so that i can contact you.

Sarika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarika,

I went to your profile from the community forum page and clicked "Send private message" and that message included my email address and name.

I don't have a case number. We just got CC for teams in May, so I was just hoping there would be an easy fix for being unable to update the AAM now that CC is out.

The other team members, apparently, had no problem.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just back from the BUILD conference where a year of CC was given to all attendee's.  The CC install fails in Win8/IE with "Product X is a desktop app so you'll want to download it from your computer."

Switching to chrome, at least the install starts, but then I get the above error.

Tech support cant even get CC to install on Windows 8!

What a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines