• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Kuler Panel to work in Illustrator CC?

Guide ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator CC (MacOS), the panel is blank, except for this:

"The Kuler panel enables you to download color themes saved in your Kuler account. A valid Adobe ID is required to use this feature."  And all the panel options are grayed out.

There doesn't seem to be any way to let Illustrator know that I (obviously) have a valid Adobe ID, and constant internet access -- hence being able to run CC apps, for instance.

When I go to kuler.adobe.com/, it knows who I am (via my Adobe ID), and I remain signed in there.

So what's the secret to connecting Kuler with Illustrator CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Are you signed into Creative Cloud in Illustrator? From the main menu >  Help, is your Adobe ID showing in the menu? It would read: Sign Out (yourAdobeID@xxx.com)?

If not, you can sign into Crative CLoud there.

Can you access other Creative Cloud servies, such as Sync Settings?

--Terry H.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you signed into Creative Cloud in Illustrator? From the main menu >  Help, is your Adobe ID showing in the menu? It would read: Sign Out (yourAdobeID@xxx.com)?

If not, you can sign into Crative CLoud there.

Can you access other Creative Cloud servies, such as Sync Settings?

--Terry H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am signed in to CC in Illustrator CC. Under the help menu, I do indeed see my ID and the option to sign out.

Under Preferences:Sync Settings, it says, "Signed in as: <blank>, and "Sync Settings Now' is grayed out.

If I hit the Manage Account button, it takes me to my cloud files in the web browser.

So I am apprently "half" signed in?  :+)

If I go to the "Manage Acount" link, and look at "Manage Account," everything is correct and up-to-date. However, under "My Application Settings," it tells me that I do not have any synced settings. It also tells me to click the "Sync Settings Now" button, which is GRAYED OUT in Illustrator CC.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I signed out and signed back in. Now everything is synced and Kuler works as expected. Whew!  :+)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea! Thanks for solving your own problem!

Hope you enjoy Illustrator CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem, but I don't see where to log out and log in within Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac, it's under the Help menu (sign out). You also have to go to kuler.adobe.com and set up some color sets. In CC, only those sets show up in Illustrator's Kuler panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No love. Logged out, logged in, the panel still looks like this:

Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 1.31.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it's working. You just need to go to kuler.adobe.com and set up some more color sets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to browse other swatches people have submitted, viewing by popular, etc, like I used to. How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean, that's not possible? Why would they take away a feature like this? That renders the palette pretty much useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. There's a good discussion of the current kuler site's lacking design and functionality at

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1222412

Virtually no one likes this new kuler design. Fortunately, they didn't propogate the new kuler throughout all CC apps! (Illustrator only so far, thankfully)  The only app I've found so far that still uses the old (FAR better) kuler design is in InDesign CC.

Once I tried this new web-based kuler, except for the brilliant idea of a central repository of color sets, I won't be using it at all. Swatch sets are the way to go until they get the web site right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... I also wonder what is the use of this little Edit-Iscon, wich is now permanently crossed out in the Illustrator Kuler-Palette.

Is ha no function, right? You cant edit the color-schemes in Illustrator. You cant create one. It ist quite ridiculous, isn't it?

Bildschirmfoto 2014-05-23 um 15.33.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed it defeats the purpose of having easy access to different swatch options, i'm almost forced to go back to cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2013 Oct 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sadly ridiculous to need to do! And the loss of browsing Kuler ... WAS anyone thinking???

Anyway, thanks for this help. I can at least see my own sets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help >> Sign Out.

~Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible. They have just added a few extra steps. You click the little icon to launch the kuler website, make sure you are signed in, and do your search there. When you find a scheme you like, make it a "favorite" which will be added to your "my themes" gallery. Then go back to Illustrator and refresh the kuler panel. There it is, just like before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue.  I AM logged in.  I tried logging out and back in - still Kuler panel says I need a valid ID.  I tried resetting my password.  Nothing works.

How do I find the online version of Kuler it seems to be gone? 

I also downloaded the desktop version and can't log in to it either.  So seems it's a Kuler linking issue, what the?? Adobe support have been no help at all either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can sync my Adobe Kuler color themes to Illustrator, no problem.

Are you able to sync a Illustrator color swatch group to Adobe Kuler web app or is the sync only from Kuler to the CC apps (one way sync)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also logged in and logged in and out can't get the panel to work.

The online version is here:  http://kuler.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, you got this straightened out by now.  I had the same problem (still not working after logging out/ back in) and it started working again after closing illustrator out and re-opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still not working for me, and I've tried all of this log in log out nonsense.

Screen shot 2013-09-06 at 12.00.57 PM.png

Screen shot 2013-09-06 at 12.00.48 PM.png

All logged in... aaaaand nada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client with the same issue. Attempt to sign out prompts message that all applications will be de-activated. Is there a way to fix this problem besides signing out and signing back in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivating isn't really that big a deal - it doesn't delete the applications from your computer, you just have to log back in and re-activate, so it's like a 2 minutes deal. But it isn't even worth those 2 minutes, since it didn't fix my issue. I'm still Kuhler-less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines