• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Tracking, Kerning, font size MESSED UP

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop CC Tracking, Kerning, font size is MESSED UP.

If you try to adjust anything by scrubbing it makes a huge number like 40000....
holding ALT doesn't help either... Need a fix for this fast!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Chris Cox posted over at Photoshop.com that they are aware of it and are working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen after scaling text (Edit>Transform>Scale)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it again... looks like it works ok when I just drop text and then after scaling thats when it gets wacky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah...

that is a bug that was fixed early in CS6. Somehow it got reintroduced in last CS6 update (I'm running 13.0.5) and found its way into PS CC too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting... I never had that bug in any update of my CS6.. but this is now in CC and its not awesome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was in the "Public Beta" of CS6. Like I said it was early. I think Adobe was trying to fix another Character Panel problem that occurred after scaling text, but in the process this resurfaced. Makes it very hard to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES...making it virtually impossible to work with.
Glad I didn't uninstall CS6 because they don't let you re-download it with CC out.

ADOBE-WE NEED A FIX NOW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can re-download CS6 if you need it.

6-18-2013 2-08-53 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.. thanks

Adobe got a fix? NEED THIS ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading CS6 isn't exactly a good solution, is it? Do you have no comment on the actual problem we're experiencing, or has it been answered elsewhere?

This is a serious issue for people who like to use text in their work, aka 99.99% of Photoshop users (though I realize the bug may not exist for all users).

I tried submitting a bug report and got pointed to Photoshop.com, which doesn't accept new members now (signed in with Adobe credentials only to get 'Photoshop.com no longer accepts registrations' or something similar). To call that login loop 'useless' would be a generous assessment.

For the love of Creative Cloud, send this bug to whoever needs to know about it to get it fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox posted over at Photoshop.com that they are aware of it and are working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear! hope it's soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, good to know. I think this is a huge bug, hope it's fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joelklampert wrote:

If you try to adjust anything by scrubbing it makes a huge number like 40000....

It would have been nice if you were more specific.  At first I couldn't make it happen, but after experimenting I was able to get some odd behavior (I'm on PC, so it's not a Mac-only problem).

Reproducing the problem goes something like this:

1. Enter some Text with the T tool, and complete the entry.
  2. Control-T, then drag a corner of the text to enlarge it, without holding down Shift (i.e., don't scale X and Y uniformly).
  3. Complete the Transform.
  4. Now hold down Control and scrub in either the font size box in the Options bar or the Character panel.

As soon as you click in the box the font size jumps way up, so that the number you start with may be so large that you can't scale it down even by scrubbing all the way to the edge of the monitor.

There may be other ways to do it.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel, there have been many posts on this bug here and the other official Adobe Photoshop Forum describing how to reproduce.

Here was my post 2 weeks ago: (before I realized it affected not just Leading, but kerning, tracking and font size input)

Photoshop 13.0.5 Scrubby Leading Bug in Character Panel (appears after Free Transform of Type)

I just installed 13.0.5 update. I'm having trouble using scrubby input to adjust leading. The leading will snap to a different number after release from scrubby input.

This occurs after scaling text layer.

To reproduce:

create new file 1000 x 1000 @ 72PPI

Type in two lines of text at 72 pt.

Go Edit >Transform>Scale and scale text either up or down, commit transform.

Select the two lines of text and use scrubby to input leading value. after release of scrubby the leading value jumps to unexpected numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening for me

iMac OSX 10.8.4

Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I've also noticed this.

Seems to be unrelated to document size, dpi, or anything specific.

Using OS X 10.8.4 on a 2009 macbook pro and 2012 imac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also got this problem... it's not only scrubbing but in every method of text adjustment. Dropdown menus, mouse wheel, the lot. Chooses a random number or cranks it up to max and then I have to force quit because the error message is relentless. Looking forward to this fix, for sure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

The scrubby bug also impacted how the calculations for transformed type is computed, resulting in several controls having math-errors.  Basically, the calculation takes place at the wrong time, which is why you can see it at all.  The bug has no affect on non-transformed type.

We are aware of the problem and actively working on a solution.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been solved?

I'm having issues with scrubbing and typeing in numbers for anything on the character menu in Photoshop CC on my iMac OSX 10.8.4 at work AND on my PC running Windows 7 at home.

This is a pretty large issue. I'm having to paste in vector elements for everything from Illustrator to handle text at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Collin,

We are actively working on a solution.  To be honest, it's the focus of what I've been doing for a while.  Unfortunately, we're not allowed to comment on what will be in an unreleased product or when it will be available.  But please rest assured that we've heard that this issue is a big deal for users and we're trying to get something out to you as soon as we can.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But please rest assured that we've heard that this issue is a big deal for users...

David, I'm sure you did not mean that to sound so condescending...

For a professional, industry standard, $1000 application it should be a "big deal" for Adobe that the Character Panel settings in its flagship software become, for most purposes, non-functional after scaling text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to be that guy but this issue has literally rendered the product useless... I am paying $50 a month using mostly photoshop and am forced to use CS6. Not trying to be a jerk, but I am baffled that this key character panel issue hasnt been fixed already.

there should almost be a "so you can't use CC for anything with text and therefore must use CS6 still" rebate or something.

I really hope this gets fixed soon. Its been three months of paying for something I can't use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been months since this bug was reported! This is ridiculous. This is a

SERIOUSLY debilitating bug in one of the most used Adobe products.

I really don't mind Creative Cloud pricing and all of the changes that go

along with it, but for a major bug like this to be unfixed in 2-3 months is

pathetic performance for a company that promised ongoing updates (which

we've seen, but just don't include the fix to this one).

The longer you drag things like this out, the stronger the competition

grows and the weaker your following becomes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines