• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VE_FMS_CONNECT_FAILED error

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Kubuntu 12.04 with version 11.2.202.238-0precise1 of adobe-flashplugin.  On a number of web pages such as http://www.politico.com/multimedia/video/2012/09/webb-hammers-romney-on-military.html I consistently get that VE_FMS_CONNECT_FAILED error.  Retrying the site does not help.  I've tried this in Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and konqueror.  I believe that bug 3117684 is related to this error, but it's listed as CLOSED. 

In the past I did not see this error.  I think it started about three months ago.

How can I get past this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new wrinkle: for this URL and many others, there's a preceding commercial. The commercial runs correctly; the content still fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is usually caused by network issues (firewall rules, etc.)  I'll forward this to one of our linux guys, but have you reproduced this on any other system?  Our Linux development stopped a while back with only security updates occurring now.  Google has taken the lead here and is developing Flash for Chrome on Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen it on one of my other Linux systems but not elsewhere.  I can believe that it's a network/firewall issue, though (a) I'm not using a proxy and (b) the firewall is inactive.  I know these system-specific misbehaviors are hard to diagnose, but perhaps your Linux guy at least has a hint as to what I should be looking at/for.  I think there's a nameserver issue involved because of another problem I've had, also involving an apparently nonresponsive server.  But it's not a very general problem; almost all my network retrievals work as expected.  There's something peculiar about the URL lookup, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem but on Firefox for last few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines