Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to handle and manage a multi Database access in runtime with LCDS?

Level 1

Hello there

I got several customer working with the same application and I wonder how,  with LCDS,  to manage  in a runtime a multi dataBase access; without creating a configuration "mxl" file in

the folder catalina for each database.

Indeed, each customer have their own dataBase, and so far, I did not find out how to avoid creating a config xml file in catalina for every single database; which force me to create as well for each customer a  folder application, since the name of the config file in catalina require a folder application to be ran under tomcat....

Thus, my question is :

Is there anyway to create only one configuration mxl file in catalina (in the server side) and then from the client side (application) let the user select its environment (meaning its database) to run the application.... this technic can be also used for multi database environment such as : Dev / Test / Prod   environment (or database) where the same application can access to.

Please if any one have an idea or already delt with; just let me know, because I'm entering in a bootle neck and the situation is getting serioulsy critical....

Regards

0 Replies