• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the Multicam Monitor in Premiere Pro CC?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to work on a project to get a two camera seminar edit done and I can't seem to find the Multicam monitor?  I've manually synced up the two files in one sequence and then created another and enabled sequence one as a multicam, just like normal.  I even double clicked the multicam sequence to bring it up in the monitor and both cameras are displayed, but when I click on the individual cams as the clips are playing (either in the monitor or in the timeline) nothing happens with the sequence.  No edits are made in the timeline.  I realize there isn't a record type button in the window that's displaying both cams and the usual red highlight from the multicam monitor remains yellow around the clips.  Is there something I am just missing, how can I get the "edits" I'm making in the monitor to actually become edits on the timeline so I don't have to go through and do this manually.  (It's a two hour seminar, just trying to save some time here)

Thanks!

-Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Hi Sean,

In Premiere Pro CC the Multi-Camera monitor is now inside the Program Monitor panel. To enable it follow these steps.

Click the Settings button (the button shaped like a wrench in the lower-right portion of the Program Monitor), and choose Multi-Camera from the menu that appears. This converts the Program Monitor to multi-camera mode.

Here are two tutorials here:

Video:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cc/using-multicam-mode-to-autosync-multiple-angles-or-takes/

Text:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/04/a-quick-walkthrough-of-editing-a-multi-camera-sequence-with-clips-synchronized-by-audio.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

In Premiere Pro CC the Multi-Camera monitor is now inside the Program Monitor panel. To enable it follow these steps.

Click the Settings button (the button shaped like a wrench in the lower-right portion of the Program Monitor), and choose Multi-Camera from the menu that appears. This converts the Program Monitor to multi-camera mode.

Here are two tutorials here:

Video:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cc/using-multicam-mode-to-autosync-multiple-angles-or-t...

Text:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/04/a-quick-walkthrough-of-editing-a-multi-camera-sequence-wi...

Best,

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be careful when editing multicam in PremierePro CC. There's a known issue that's causing people a lot of problems.
Please read this thread:
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1236698?tstart=60

And make sure you understand the caveats of using multicam in its present state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have two program monitors one multicam and one just the program (or edit) of the multcam?  I want to multicam on my GUI monitor and send a program feed out to clients TV.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can Adobe PLEASE go back to the way you did it before?  I cannot stand that I have to give up my Program window to do a multi-cam edit.  This seems like a step backwards.  I like my Program monitor on a separate screen and that is ALWAYS my program monitor.

AND...we have to hit a record button first now???  What is the point of that?  It is an extra step that just doesn't seem necessary.  The whole multi-cam editing has taken a huge step backwards and I hate it.  I do many multi-cam shoots and this has bogged me down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines