• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CS6 Cache problem

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have installed Photoshop CS6 and in using Bridge I get the message "Bridge encountered a problem and is unable to read the cache. Please try purging the central cache in Cache Preferences to correct the situation". If purge the central cache as instructed, on the start up of Bridge I get the same message and are unable to use Bridge.

I am on a Mac using OSX 10.7.4

Your help will be appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

You could also check out this forum posting with some other solutions such as manually cleaning up the bridge cache -- this typically resolves it:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4416499

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try holding down the Option key as you launch Bridgte until you see a dialog box offering you several possibilities.  Click on all of them.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that worked for me as well  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to thank you for this simple fix---it worked great for me!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I had the same issue - Just had to clear the cache - i didnt need to clean all of the system settings to resolve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky man, it hasn't worked about 50 times now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and holding down alt when I open bridge doesn't take care of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good thing is when this all goes to the cloud then I'm sure Adobe will want to keep all its paying customers happy and they will fix it pronto. I wonder what English Conumer Law will make of a buggy bit of rented software.

By the way Bridge is still doing it..........................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way Bridge is still doing it..........................

Did you both tried this solution already??

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4416499#4416499

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so  much for replying.  No, I haven't tried that yet, but I'm about to.  Before I do, I'm wondering if all my problems have to do with this.  Here are my issues:  In addition to the cache message, the Bridge downloader stops half-way through downloading images from my SD card and then my computer simply freezes.  I downloaded the images to my laptop, copied to a flash drive, came back to the PC, and the downloader stopped again after half the images.  (at least this time the computer didn't freeze)  I don't think it's a corrupted card because it downloaded successfully to my laptop.  I will try your solution, but I'm wondering about just uninstalling CS6 and reinstalling it.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I'm wondering about just uninstalling CS6 and reinstalling it.

This is pointless if you don't also run the Adobe Cleaner tool.

An uninstall / reinstall does not get rid of all files, especially not those deep down hidden files that probably cause your problems.

Also Cache is not uninstalled, so if your Cache file is corrupted it will stay that way, no matter how many times you reinstall CS6

Removing the Cache manual is fast, you only need time to rebuild cache, but that is something you can do with one click on the button an let it run overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot the most frustrating problem of all.  I downloaded some textures and they did not show up in mini bridge (only a frame with some kind of icon).  So I uninstalled them, did it again, and now they don't show up in either bridge or mini-bridge.  When I try to view them in either I get an error message, "could not complete your request because a JPEG marker segment length is too short.  The file may be truncated or incomplete."  Do you think this is all connected?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think this is all connected?

Yes. Mini Bridge reads its info from Big Bridge. So if your cache is corrupt in Big Bridge it is also in Mini Bridge.

Do you use a card reader to download your files? and how do you get your files on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC has a slot for SD cards.  Sorry to be so dense, but how do I get to the ~library/caches/Adobe/Bridge CS6?  Can I do this cleanup from within Bridge by going to Preferences, Cache?  And if the answer is yes, do I just delete those 4 files?  I don't know what you mean by "Removing the Cache manual is fast, you only need time to rebuild cache,

but that is something you can do with one click on the button an let it

run overnight."  How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Removing the Cache manual is fast, you only need time to rebuild cache,

but that is something you can do with one click on the button an let it

run overnight." How do I do that?

The path provided is for a Mac, there should be a similar path for Windows, maybe Curt can provide you this. The principals stay the same, you quit bridge, dump the cache file manual, restart Bridge (builds a new, empty but fresh cache folder) and when you point Bridge to a folder it start building the cache according your settings (ACR, HQ preview etc.)

If you have a lot of subfolders just select the main folder, use the menu view / show items from subfolders and this means your main folder shows all the content of your subfolders in the content panel.

This takes a while and according to your amount of files and file size as well as processor speed it can take several hours before it is finished. For best practice start this procedure as 'last of the day', leave your PC on for the night and let Bridge do its job. It takes a lot of resources and time for Bridge to cache so if it is the only task your PC has to do the better it will do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

babagin wrote:

When I try to view them in either I get an error message, "could not complete your request because a JPEG marker segment length is too short.  The file may be truncated or incomplete."  Do you think this is all connected?

It would appear the files are contaminated.  Try opening in another program like Irfanview.  If they open there save as jpeg with different name and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all who responded.  Unfortunately, nothing worked until I went to Adobe support today.  Long wait for a chat, and a long chat, but a really simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but a really simple solution.

Can you share this solution, others might benefit from your info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll share what I have from the record of the chat, but I hope I won't be held responsible if it doesn't work for everyone.  This is for a PC and for CS6

"Click on Start menu and then type %appdata%

You will get a roaming folder, click on it.

Inside the roaming folder, click on Adobe folder

Inside Adobe folder, look for Bridge CS6 folder

Click on Bridge CS6 folder

Inside that folder you will find a Cache folder.

Rename the folder to Cacheold

Relaunch Bridge CS6 and check."

That did it for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a mac person, but think that move has same effect that Omke suggests.  Just dragging the cache folders to the trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Panic attack solved.  Thanks @station_two !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKED!!!!!!!

It was soooooo annoying having bridge crash. This is the only thing I could find on the internet that actually worked. Thank you thank you thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also check out this forum posting with some other solutions such as manually cleaning up the bridge cache -- this typically resolves it:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4416499

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines