Skip navigation
lewihussey
Currently Being Moderated

Macbook air Photoshop screen glitch

Jun 17, 2013 2:40 PM

Tags: #photoshop #air #macbook #screen #2013

Im using the mid 2013 macbook air, when I set any brush in photoshop over 100px my screen starts flashing and glitching up.

I turned off the setting to use the graphics proccessor and set it to basic, nothing is making it stop. My photoshop is up-to date.

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Jun 19, 2013 3:45 AM   in reply to lewihussey

Hi! could you please post the contents of Help>System Info...

Is it one of the new Airs released last week?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2013 11:22 AM   in reply to lewihussey

Just wanted to chime in that I'm experiencing the same problem. My machine is one of the new Airs. 13" model, BTO configuration with 1.7 GHz i7, 8 GB RAM, Photoshop CS6 through Creative Cloud with all components up-to-date.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 5:53 AM   in reply to lewihussey

Same here as well, any larger brush new MacBook Air 13", Haswell 1.7 GHz, 8GB, 512 SSD, Photoshop CS6 v13.1.2 20130105.r.224, OS X v10.8.4.

Called Apple support, and was told to call Adobe support. Called Apple support again and had better help the 2nd time. Did the following:

- Created new user account, system restart

- Did a hardware test (press D key and start computer)

- Changed performance setting in CS6 (Preferences-> Performance-> Graphics Processor Setting-> Drawing Mode = Basic)

The problem persists no matter what and larger brushes are unusable. I hope someone is listening to these issues as I don't seem to be alone.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 8:34 AM   in reply to GSVAI

Someone over in Apple Support Communities posted that installing Mavericks Beta OS solved his issue. Not sure if that helps, but Mavericks should be out this fall.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 1:47 PM   in reply to lewihussey

I just got my BTO 13" MBA 1.3, 8gb ram, and 512gb flash.  I installed Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom 4.  Lightroom works great, however I'm getting the same screen flicker in Photoshop when using any of the brush type tools (cloning, eraser, brush, spot healing, burning, and dodging from what I've used so far).  As many on this thread are experiencing, it is awfull!  The flicker is screen wide black boxes, sometimes the whole screen goes black.  It only seems to happen when I put the cursor over the image to edit.  If it's outside the image, everything is as good as gravy.

I really do like this machine, but my 14 day return to Apple is approaching, and if Adobe can't fix this problem soon, I'll have to wait for the retina mbp.

I've talked to Apple and they said it's an Adobe issue.  Has anyone talked to Adobe about how to resolve this issue?  If so, please share.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to lewihussey

Want to add that I'm having the same problem with PS 6 (13.0) Extended with my new Air. It seem it's obviously a PS Adobe problem rather than an Apple problem as it doesn't manifest in other programs or in Photoshop with tools that aren't brush related. I hope Adobe can patch this soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 11:35 AM   in reply to lewihussey

I'm having this problem too, latest CC PS6 trial.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2013 10:40 AM   in reply to lewihussey

Same here.

The new MacBook Air (mid 2013) with Photoshop CS6 and CC.

The glitch happens everytime with brushs.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 12:12 AM   in reply to carlosmerigo

The problem appears to be a low level driver, GPU, or display driver issue in the new MacBook Air 2013 models.

We are trying to contact Apple about the problem.

But this does not appear to be an Adobe issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2013 6:16 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

Will you post here when there's a resolution or timeframe?

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Jul 19, 2013 1:33 AM   in reply to lewihussey

The following update from Apple fixes that very issue: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1672

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points