Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing after free trial

Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the free trial of InDesign6 and created a document using it that I want to keep.  I have some older versions of CS, the Standard and also CS5, which  is an upgrade.  How do I go about installing CS5 -- do I need to uninstall my trial version first?  Do I need to put CS Standard on first, then the upgrade discs, or just go to the CS5 discs alone? I saved my document as a CS4 or later document, and hopefully I can open it in CS5 once CS6 is gone.

Also, is it possible to NOT install Illustrator from the CS5 discs, just InDesign, so my friend who is sharing the discs with me can keep that install for her future use, as that is the main program she uses and I won't use it at all?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

all the versions are compatible and can exist together.

your upgrade does not need the predecessor upgradeable to be installed.  if it's not, you'll be prompted for the predecessor serial number (and the cs5 serial).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines