• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wasting my time with CFPresentation?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wanting to put together a cfpresentation slide show.  I ran into several problems and want to find out if I'm doing something wrong.

1.  CFPresentation with only 28 slides takes a long time (2 minutes or more) to load.

2.  As part of the CFPresentationSlide tag, when I give the "src" and "audio" subfolder/filename I get a file not found error message.  (When I have the file displayed using img the file shows up just fine.)

3.  I'm trying to figure out how I can get the audio to work.  Embed doesn't seem to work.

What i want most to know is this:  Am i wasting my time working with cfpresentation?

I'm using Win7, CF9,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the whole, Abode's foray into "UI" type things have been very poorly realised, and - at best - only good enough to show off in a marketing context, rather than actually being useful.

I have never used <cfpresentation>, so I cannot comment from direct experience, but on the other hand I would never set out to use it either. I'd expect it to be a half-arsed implementation.

YMMV.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Adam.  I appreciate your comment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "YMMV" mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation