• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMS 4.5 and FMLE errors (hds-live is not defined).

Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this thread, http://forums.adobe.com/message/4929789, because I am testing a new FMS 4.5 server and I'm having several problems with live streaming.

Issue 1: Server does not stream after FMLE is stopped.

I set up a test FMLE 3.2 stream last week that we hope to use for an event 4 days from now. When I initially set up the FMLE live stream everything worked fine, so I stopped the encoder and started to design a site to play the live stream. When I restarted the FMLE stream today nothing worked, and looking in the corelog I found this error: "Restarting the recording after 2.000000 days is not allowed". That error led me to the thread linked above and to several others.

I have tried the various suggestinons in this thread, http://forums.adobe.com/thread/959974, including:

Forum Post 15: changing livestream and liveevent names: changing the names works, but this is not a good solution since I am building web pages to publish these streams and that would require changing the links on the pages everytime we want to live stream.

Fourm Post 18. using query paramter: livestream?adbe-live-event=liveevent&adbe-record-mode=record (does not work).

Finally, I deleted all of the previous entries that were created in the following folder:

H:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 4.5\applications\livepkgr\events\_definst_\

I restarted FMLE and the streams worked again. What can I do to fix this? As I mentioned above, using the "record" query parameter in FMLE did not work. I would hate to have to delete all of the old events every time that I want to start a new stream.

Issue 2: hds-live streaming does not work. I set up a multi-bit rate live streaming page following these diretions, http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashmediaserver/devguide/WSd391de4d9c7bd609-52e437a812a3725dfa0-8000.ht..., but I cannot get hds-live streaming to work. Every connection is rejected and the edge.log file has the following error: Connection rejected by server Reason (hds-live) is not defined. I tried the suggestions posted by Manish on this thread, http://forums.adobe.com/message/4929789, (post no. 8: deleting the entries livepkgr/streams, restarting the server, clearing the browser cache), but I cannot get hds-live streaming to work. I think this problem might be related the the <MaxRestartGap> issue described above, but the steps that resolve that problem only work to enable hls-live streaming and have not solved the hds-live issues.

What should I do?

Thank you for you help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Issue-1 : occurs if the publisher is trying to publish without absolute timestamp. Since here its FMLE, please change the <streamsynchronization> enabled to true in FMLE config.xml. And restart the FMLE.

Issue-2 :  Does your Apache start without any issue? Also can you please check error.log in <AMS-Installation>/Apache2.2/logs for any errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue 1: "...please change the <streamsynchronization> enabled to true in FMLE config.xml."

This was one of the first steps in the Adobe help document that I followed to set up live streaming. Setting synchronization to true has not resolved the issue.

The Apache error log is humongous, so I will try to narrow down the issue so that I can provide the relevant errors sometime next week. It seems that changing the names of the live stream events (or deleting the old ones) is a temporary solution for now. I won't have time to really work on this until next week so I'll come back and give you an update of my progess then.

Thank you for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines