• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign cs6 menu and tool bar disappear between windows using mission control in mountain lion

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heres 2  screen grabs before and after. while navigating between 'spaces' using mission control in mountain lion. issue -  the menu and tools bars disappear - not all of them just parts of them. to get back i hit 'tab' button twice which hides and shows tools. very annoying - does anyone know of a fix or is this another bug which i have to live with. im using a macpro june 2012/running 10.8.4 and 2 screens - left for artboard - right for all tool windows.

BEFORE Screen Shot 2013-06-28 at 10.19.23 AM.pngAFTER Screen Shot 2013-06-28 at 10.19.07 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Window > Workspace > Reset [name of current workspace] to restore the position of panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks steve - yes that works as does using the tab key - all well....until i move to another 'space' and then come back again.

for example: my setup is like this - no2 space has indesign project. no3 space has photoshop. so im working on a page within indesign and i need to edit an image- i double click the pic and it opens in photoshop on the other 'space' save the file and go back to indesign to update pic and find menu/tools all over the place - so hit tab twice back to normal -  until i 'move' out of that space into another - photoshop/ mail/ whatever - as i toggle between spaces the indesign menu will always be 'corrupt' for a better word. hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Legend, thanks Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug. Engineering has been notified of this and it is under investigation. Let's hope for a fix in upcoming future release/update. Current workaround: Click onto the thin strip of desktop and back to InDesign seems to do the trick. Essentially, going to Finder and back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - that's what i thought - i was just hoping (wishing) it wasnt - cause illustrator and photoshop work fine. ok - fingers crossed for an update soon.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines