Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NVIDIA OpenGL Always Crash

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone

is there Anyone here who can help my problem? I'm previously using VGA card Nvdia GTS 260 if i'm not mistaken and when i use it for rendering in AE moreover it contains a bunch a layers, DOF, blur etc, suddenly a message box appear says "the nvidia opengl driver detected a problem with the display driver and is unable to continue. the application must close. error code: 3" and i ask to my manager to replace my vga with the brand new one. i replaced it with geforce 660 ti and it is still crashing.. T.T even more often.. i have upgraded the drivers, make power management mode from adaptive to prefer maximum performance, play around with registry and i did anything what i found on google.. and the funny thing is, it crashes when i dont touch the keyboard and mouse at all. if i need to pee and leave them for awhile, it always crashes.. but when i keep using it, still crash but not to often..

is there any solution without format the system? T.T

Computer's Specs:

Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC P6X58D-E

Inter Core i7 Bloomfield 930 @ 2.80GHz

DDR3 16384MBytes Corsair

VGA Asus Nvidia Geforce 660Ti 2GB

im using dual monitor extended and adobe CS6 family..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm going to cry..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you rendering using OpenGL?  Don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it crashes when i dont do anything.. ._. okay now it obviously crashes when i leave it just for awhile, do not touch anthing or move anything, when i come back, boom.. the error message pops up.. i really have no f****** ideaaa.. but when i keep using it, it does fine..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the exact crash info:

Working with your Operating System’s Tools

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks mylenium for your blog.. but i didnt find anything there im sorry.. ._.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the exact same error also, just built several new systems, all are win7, 16 core, 64GB ram, GTX680-4GB video with latest CS6 and latest Geforce drivers from July1. I just tried turning off hardware acceleration of the layout panels in preferences to see if that will resolve it.

It have also been getting the error in Premiere, but i think it is with dynamically linked AFX comps in it so maybe it is still an AFX issue.

It has even done it in premiere while not touching the mouse, i just walked away and came back and it was crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah finally i have a friend! im using win8 and some of my friend suggested me to downgrade to win7 but i doubt it doesnt solve the problem. i have no idea whether AFX or premiere or something i just walked away and i got it was crashed.. i didnt open any program, anything.. so what do i do to solve this problem temporary? i open up explorer window and i got stacks of my namecard and wedge it to the space on the keyboard so the computer is not going to idle.. hahaha.. -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried downgrading my Nvidia drivers twice, i started with 320.49 and went back to 314.22 and now I am getting a different error with more of an explanation. It gives me Error code 7 and basically says the gfx card is working too hard, it lost connection from the OpenGL driver to the display driver and surpassed the windows 2 second timeout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well hello again! i come back again because I SOLVED THIS ISSUE ALREADY! my problem WAS, i have no idea why my driver is always crashing, and i googled and some webpages suggest me to create registry TdrDelay and i did what they say. after that my crash event was delayed by that registry when my computer is idle. but why? because the system make the electrity lower when the computer is not being used. so, i created the new registy called TdrLevel (you can see how to make it here) what it does? it maintains the electricity so the driver is not going to crash in the future (my friend said so) and it works! thanks for those who helped me in this forum! ^^

PS: im sorry for my very very bad english..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting, I have 4 of these new machines and gfx cards so i thought to try a different card and the crashes went away. I assume the video card is bad and have returned it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines