Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker XI package does not install - MSI error 1708/1603

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've created a Framemaker XI package with the "Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition", provided the serial number and added patch 11.0.2. The package was successfully created on a network share the installing admin account has full access rights to. Target system is a W2K8 R2 64bit terminal server.

When installing, the msi rolls back, throwing error 1708/1603 after collecting all it's msi properties, nothing gets installed. In the LOCAL folder of %APPDATA%, I find a file called PDApp.log with the follwing content:

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] DeploymentManager - Build Version - 3.1.105.0

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] DeploymentManager - Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] DeploymentManager - Executing the deferred custom action.

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] DeploymentManager - Obtained the following as CustomActionData

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] DeploymentManager - mode=install;sourceDir=H:\TIMRS\4 ACME_Framemaker_XI\Build\;installDir=;origDB=H:\TIMRS\4 ACME_Framemaker_XI\Build\ACME_Framemaker_XI.msi

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] DeploymentManager - mode=install;sourceDir=H:\TIMRS\4 ACME_Framemaker_XI\Build\;installDir=;origDB=H:\TIMRS\4 ACME_Framemaker_XI\Build\ACME_Framemaker_XI.msi

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] DeploymentManager - Original database path is : H:\TIMRS\4 ACME_Framemaker_XI\Build\ACME_Framemaker_XI.msi

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] DeploymentManager - OptionXML saved at location :: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\{65DEE398-291E-476D-B68C-5ABD59EC6C49}\\{12E9F8D1-641B-4C27-A165-D3C34F200ECB}

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] DeploymentManager - Build Version - 3.1.105.0

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] DeploymentManager - Logging Level verbosity Set  to 4

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] DeploymentManager - Initializing Custom Action Data from parameters

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] Utilities - Folder does not exist

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] DeploymentManager - Provisioning Tool path is (C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\{65DEE398-291E-476D-B68C-5ABD59EC6C49}\\{DF00B53B-6298-4B11-B2BB-4221D161D441}).

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [INFO] Utilities - Folder does not exist

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [ERROR] DeploymentManager - Failed to Initialize....The Setup base path does not exist.

6/27/2013 17:16:47 [ERROR] DeploymentManager - Failed to Initialize from parameters.

I don't know where the problem is, but it seems that installation fails because something is missing in the package?

Anyone?

best regards

Olaf

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Framemaker forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Olaf - I'm pretty sure a W2K8 Terminal Server isn't supported as a location for FM - you should talk to Adobe Support - installation issues are usually free calls.

@Jeff - you probably should be flinging these installer questions over to this forum - http://forums.adobe.com/community/framemaker/techcom_suite_installer?view=overview instead of the general FM one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks Jeff I have moved the discussion to the Technical Communitator Suite Installer forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

thank you for managing this problem.

Opening a case/ticket @Adobe seems to be a hard thing to do.

At first, the product isn't puchased by myself, but my company through a reseller. So it's not linked to my personal Adobe account which I was forced to create so that I can use the Application manager "enterprise edition" to build a package. I don't understand the necessity for this since I provided a valid serial number.

Second is, that I haven't found a German phone number or even a webinterface to interact with Adobe technical personal to discuss this problem during common working hours. PST time zone means that your 9 hours -- almost a complete workday -- behind.

Maybe you can direct me to the right source of help?

best regards

Olaf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try e-mailing the TCS team – TCS.Support@Adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeff,

thank you for your answer. I finally managed to get my hands on a German phone number for Adobe support. Unfortunately they denied my service request because we haven't bought a service contract. I stated that I've read that "support for installation problems is usually free of charge", but that is, according to the German support team, only valid for standard, single user installation problems, not for packaging with AAMEE.

Since the phone numer is hard to find (at least it was for me), I publish it here:

+49 69 500718 55

I hope that's useful for those of you with "standard installation problems". Me thinks, Germany is a high value target for the NSA, but not for Adobe from an after sales service perspective. (Sorry, couldn't resist... 🙂 )

I will contact TSC support now via mail. Thanks again Jeff, you're doing a good job here.

best regards

Olaf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m just a user around here ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok,

finally.... problem solved for unknown reason, but most likely because of some strange GPO which controls local admin rights perhaps a little to much. Yes, the war on terror costs us all ...

Whatever I tried with a local admin user and UAC off, it failed. However, package can be installed using SYSTEM rights perfectly well.

best regards

Olaf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines