Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the steps I'm using:

color and luminance noise reduction

Export with these settings:

jpeg ( same result with tiff}

quality 100%

resize to fit long edge 1000 px

Lighroom screen--------------------------------------------------------Jpeg export

screen shot of lightroom screen.pngscreen shot of jpeg after export.png

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was discovered the first day LR5 was released and has been acknowledged by Adobe—it has to do with the relative dimensions of the output relative to the original file. I think what happened is the code that is used to determine whether a Develop preview gets NR and Sharpening applied is also being applied to exported output:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to add/clarify - if you export at full res, you should see the effect of your NR and sharpening decisions.

Consider that a work-around, and resize in (say) Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith_Reeder wrote:

Consider that a work-around, and resize in (say) Photoshop.

Other work-arounds:

* Resize using Lr/Mogrify as post-process action.

* Use PreviewExporter for reduced-rez exports.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workarounds are NOT THE SOLUTION!

we all Pay for that Product and in any other Version it works well.

Know we have to do 2 Steps more our Workflow for fixing a developer mistake?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum so you are preaching to users like yourself.

The official place for you to post bugs is the link below. Add your comments to support the bug report.

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/products/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Torsten Goltz wrote:

we all Pay for that Product and in any other Version it works well.

Know we have to do 2 Steps more our Workflow for fixing a developer mistake?

+ 1

just don´t expect such clear words from most 24/7 fanboys here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's unfair to refer to people who can provide reasonable answers as fanboys. Anyone who has used Lightroom for any period of time knows that every update and every new version has had its share of problems. Yes, it's annoying, no question. And eventually things usually get fixed. There are some who will argue that some problems have been in existence over multiple versions. I don't know if that's true. The way I use Lightroom, things are working quite well right now. And I'm not a fanboy. I've followed this forum on a daily basis for years and have shared in the frustrations expressed by others. I haven't appreciated workarounds. But they are a reality.

You came here looking for solutions, I assume. And you have received answers from some of the more highly respected contributors. If you don't like those answers, go ahead and waste your time calling Adobe support and see just how far you get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JimHess wrote:

I think it's unfair to refer to people who can provide reasonable answers as fanboys.

Sadly Jim, we still haven't got the kind of "ignore whiney, flamebaiting troll" button that would allow us to shut the likes of him up. No, he doesn't come here for solutions, he comes here to flame. I'm baffled why he hasn't been banned.

Torsten,

Here's my favourite workaround. You could have done it too, and it's a simple, one-step solution:

Don't pay for software without thoroughly testing it yourself first.

If you've paid for Lr 5 before destruction-testing it and keeping a close eye on the forum (where this issue has been know about for ages), you've only yourself to blame.

Adobe will fix it when they're ready and able to: but it doesn't affect me in any "I paid for this, I expect it to work" way, because I won't be buying Lr 5 until it is fixed.

A really, really, really simple, inexpensive, trouble-free way to deal with all that stress...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Torsten Goltz wrote:

Adobe will fix in v5.1, not before. So I'm afraid work-arounds are the only solution, until then (or live with noisy-unsharpened exports). - sorry: life's a beatch, and then you die, but first you have to suffer plenty...

FWIW (not much) I too think Adobe should have issued a hotfix for this.

PS - this works well for me:

Lr50 Export AutoFix

Cheers,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines