• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloadable version

New Here ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, because I'm so amazingly brilliant, I got the box version of CS6 for my new iMac... you know, the one w/out the DVD drive? So, I'm thinking about getting an external drive, they're pretty cheap, but was wondering, as a boxed version owner, is there a way to still get downloadable installers?

Any input appreciated, thanks,

dp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Adobe website, download the trial version of whichever CS6 product you have purchased.

Launch the trial and enter your serial number to license it.

FYI, as of 1 May 2013 (or thereabouts), Adobe has discontinued selling boxed versions of their products. It's now download only for perpetual licenses or Cloud only for subscriptions.

http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-ends-cs6-boxed-copies.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. I'll try that approach. Guess my boxed version is a collectors item now! Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO, vacations and other life stuff have gotten in the way of me ever tackling this. I've got my CS6 box sitting next to me here and was going to try to move forward with the install. However, on the downloads page, I can't find any options for downloading any CS6 software. Have I missed the bus? I'm starting to think it might just be worth the $$ to go buy a cheap external DVD player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you follow all 7 steps, you can dl a trial via one of the links on this page:  http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

and activate with your serial number.

if you have a dl problem, you didn't follow all 7 steps.  typically, failure to meticulously follow steps 1,2 and/or 3 is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dan74 wrote:

However, on the downloads page, I can't find any options for downloading any CS6 software. Have I missed the bus?

No, you haven't missed the bus.

While you were busy, on June 17, Adobe released the next major upgrade to all their CS6 software: now known as version CC and available via Cloud subscription only. No more perpetual (pay-once-to-own) licenses from Adobe.

As is Adobe's habit when a major new version is released, all CS6 download links have been removed from the Adobe public website but you can still download trial versions of CS6 from prodesigntools.com by following kglad's instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines