• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The installation doesn't proceed due to "administrator privileges". What is that?

Participant ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all!

I just got my membership so I tried to download my first application (Photoshop CC). When I clicked the 'Download' button it downloaded not the program I expected for but a small application called "CreativeCloudSet-Up" (seems to be some kind of proprietary download manager), am I right?.

Anyway, when it finished I ran it so a progress bar started to fill in, so I supposed that it was downloading my application (PS CC). When the bar finished fill up, the following message appear:

"The following problems were found: administrator privileges are required to proceed installation."*

(*) The message show up in portuguese as I am in Brazil, so the wording may not be exactly like this.

My initial joy on become an Adobe Creative Cloud member quickly turned into a enormous frustration...

Anyway, I am the only user of the computer (a brand new laptop running OEM Windows 8), so I cannot see in what manner I don't have administrator rights.

Any idea????

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

right click that creativecloudset-up file and click "run as administrator".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click that creativecloudset-up file and click "run as administrator".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks KGlad, I think that it would help. It just worked misteriously in my second attempt though, and now the Cloud manager is downloading my apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

great.  i hope all goes smoothly for you from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines