Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My adobe Framemaker9 can't work

Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afterinstalled the Framemaker, everytime i started it, there will be a dialogue appers, as shows in the attachment. If click [confirm], the Framemaker will be closed automatically.

error.pngAnd my operating system is Windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask in the FM forum.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved the discussion here for better help]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What language do you have set for Windows? Are you running 64-bit Windows 7 or 32-bit Windows 7. I have had no issue running FrameMaker 9 under 32-bit Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is 32-bit Window 7, is it the Operating system ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have a corrupted Linguistics folder - try renaming it & see if FM will recreate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried, anyone met this problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did renaming the Linguistics folder do anything? Or is it still failing to start? You might also check both maker.ini files to see what & where the LanguageDir entry is pointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, in the maker.ini, it is

LanguageDir=dict

I have renames this file and copied from other place, and it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have a site.dct file in the \dict\ folder – my maker.ini has:

UserDictionary=

SiteDictionary=dict\site.dct

in the section.

I suspect that something is messed up in your installation. Did you have local admin rights to your machine when you installed FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same site.dct file as yours.

before i installed the FM, i  activated the Admin account, so it's not the problem.

But i have installed the other version of FM before, and this may be the problem.

i think i have to reinstall the operating system, maybe can fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have multiple versions of FM on one machine; only Acrobat fails to play nice with multiple versions on the same machine. You may just need a new profile set up as a local admin. Also give yourself rights to your local c:\ drive manually (since Vista, Windows doesn’t give you full rights automatically just because you’re a local admin – you have to do it manually). Or you can try a tool like Revouninstaller that does a great (free) job of scrubbing out applications before reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have uninstalled all the versions of FM by Revouninstaller, but it still have the same issues, i have no idea now.

and i  installed as a local administrator privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What language is your copy of Win7 set to? Is it different than what language is being installed for FM?

You may have reached a point where you need to contact Adobe Support or the TCS tech team to figure out what's going on with your install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok,thanks very much.

i will contact them and  try to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines