• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change Hyperlink text styles?

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I change the way hyperlinks display? I'd like to change their color and removed the underline.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

You can easily define styles associated with hyperlink states.

With the text frame selected go to the Hyperlinks drop-down menu in the Control Strip, or Choose File > Site Properties in the Menu, then click the Hyperlinks tab.

If this is your first time setting link styles, you’ll Default Link Style.

Select a link style you want to modify in the links list or click the New Link Style button to create a new style. With your link style selected, choose different colors for the different states o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily define styles associated with hyperlink states.

With the text frame selected go to the Hyperlinks drop-down menu in the Control Strip, or Choose File > Site Properties in the Menu, then click the Hyperlinks tab.

If this is your first time setting link styles, you’ll Default Link Style.

Select a link style you want to modify in the links list or click the New Link Style button to create a new style. With your link style selected, choose different colors for the different states of the link. Your changes will be saved when you click OK and close the dialog box, and you will be able to apply the custom style to any link on any page, just as you would apply any character style to text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either the instructions are convoluted or the hyperlink to pages doesn't work. When I select a menu item which should take the visitor to the page selected no pages show up in the hyperlink box. Nothing appears in the hyperlink box. Now this may just be a problem of writing the

instructions incorrectly, but either way it is a frustration. Up til now I though Wow this is a Great Program! Now I am a bit disappointed. I hope this problem with be fixed or explained better very soon as my whole site depends on being able to navagate the site easily.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do, but if you drag a menu widget out of the Widget Library by default it will populate with one menu item for each top level page in your site and the links are automatically generated. You don't need to assign any links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. How do I create the divider if using the menu widget? I don't want it to be active in any way.

menuLinks.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Select the Menu item and then Click on Stoke. Then unlock the setting which says keep all stroke setting same.

And then apply a value only to Right Stroke.

Please have a look at the video which might help : http://trainingwebcom.worldsecuresystems.com/SachinFTP/2013-07-05_1335.swf

Regards,
Sachin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I'm after - thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ho disposto nella mia pagina delle frasi su tre righe, ogni frase è un collegamento ipertestuale. Mantenendo le stesse caratteristiche negli stili ipertestuali per tutte le frasi, solo alcune al passaggio del cursore cambiano colore in blocco al contrario di altre, che cambiano colore solo le singole righe. Che impostazioni devo usare per far sì che le tre righe cambino colore in blocco? Grazie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Is there a way to make the underline of hyperlinks dotted in Muse?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or thicker...

Thanks!

Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in Muse, though 'raw' CSS coding will let you set just about anything – type, thickness, height (by padding). In fact, in HTML the linked text is considered an inline element, being able to have a border setting, just like any other element can. So if you really, really, really want thicker underlines...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I created a .css document with my dotted underline style, imported it in Muse as a html object, and it works!

Yeah!

Example: http://www.chris.lafacade.com/tests/dotted

Have a good one!

Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ! That's the smallest and subtlest test I've ever seen...

But it works ! Welcome to the beautiful world of CSS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sad part is that the "active" state doesn't work: Page 01

But it works with an image as an underline: Page 01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 27, 2016 Feb 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know why the "active" state doesn't work with CSS, but works fine with images in Muse? (See above examples.)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be mixing up the jargon a bit.

In HTML & CSS the (pseudo)selectors are called:

• a:link - a normal, unvisited link
  • a:visited - a link the user has visited
  • a:hover - a link when the user mouses over it
  • a:active - a link the moment it is clicked

Taken from W3 Schools – CSS Styling Links

So this partially overlaps and differs a lot from how Muse calls them,

and there's even no standard CSS rule to define "where you are now"

(the so-called "Active" state in for an item in a Muse menu).

And the "visited" style in HTML/CSS is not an available state in Muse.

In JavaScript, the events to trigger a status are also named differently:

W3 Schools – HTML DOM Event Object‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for clarifying this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abode help is usually a complete mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two things have chaged - as far as I can see:

-The Hyperlink dropdown only shows targets, not styles.

-Link Styles do not appear in the Character Styes palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines